Info on stacking a Delta 44 with an Audiophile 2496

werewolf831

I'm wondering how this can be done since the Delta 44 does not have SPDIF to connect with a 2496. I found this at the M-audio website:

"The Operating Systems Windows 2000/XP support "KernelSync" and do not necessarily need the external connection using S/PDIF. Delta 44 can only be stacked in these Operating Systems, since this card does not have a S/PDIF connector. For this type of Operation, all cards have to be set to "Multiple Card Sync".

I need help translating this. Does this suggest that the Delta 44 and the Audiophile 2496 do not need to be daisy chained and will still work?

Thanks for the replies.

I would suggest you get the latest copy of Sound on Sound (or subscribe online to read it) because Martin Walker has written an excellent but lengthy article on this this month.

I will re-read the bits pertinent to this and try to remember to post you the conclusions. I'm sure others will have thoughts too. :)

under XP you don't have to daisychain them. I run a 1010 and two 410 PCI cards for 18in/30out

in the delta control panel under Masrte Clock set both cards to InternalXtal and underneath in the Multitrack Driver Device select Multiple Card Sync. Do this for both cards, make sure the DMA buffer size is the same for both and bob's yer uncle!

I'm using the 5.10.00.0051 drivers and have never had a problem

The S/PDIF daisychaining technique was a work around before the drivers for XP/2000 were fully developed.

LemonTree said:
under XP you don't have to daisychain them.
+1
I have a 2496, and a 1010LT and i have no trouble with them coexisting in my PC, with no external connection between the 2. They even use the same ASIO drivers, which lets you access all the inputs from both cards in your app (app must support ASIO drivers).

Back