I'm ready for some football.

I don't know how the Badgers got rated 14, no one here expects to win. I'll be surprised if the Badgers finish in the top 25.

Preseason college rankings are a joke. I don't know why they even bother.

Tonight's game might be closer than you think. I predict my beloved LSU Tigers to maybe have a "down" year by our standards. Actually the whole SEC may be down this year. LSU has no real QB threat right now, and our usually NFL-ready defense is very young and inexperienced this season. That happens when you have underclassmen leaving for the pros ever year, which we do. Same with Bama, who is struggling right now against a way under-matched WVU team. Auburn is struggling with a shitty Arkansas, and everyone saw S Carolina get dismantled by the Aggies. I suspect tonight's LSU/Wisconsin game will be run, run, run, and run some more from both teams. Probably not much passing. It'll be like a game from the 50s. :D

Should I Tivo it?

Nope, you can't Tivo it. It's on the Longhorn Network and your cable provider doesn't have the Longhorn network even though you live 20 minutes from the stadium. :(

The Longhorn network was the dumbest idea ever in college football. Screwed over one of the best rivalries of the game, Longhorns and the Aggies.

Nope, you can't Tivo it. It's on the Longhorn Network and your cable provider doesn't have the Longhorn network even though you live 20 minutes from the stadium. :(

The Longhorn network was the dumbest idea ever in college football. Screwed over one of the best rivalries of the game, Longhorns and the Aggies.

The Aggies have already started reaping the benefits of breaking up with the littlehorns. They run with a better crowd now. :D

Well LSU looks to have taken about 50 steps backwards. Predictable one-dimensional offense, confused defense. Might be worse than I had anticipated for us this year.

ugh ...... flashes of non-suckiness but otherwise ....... and I'm still not sold on Miles.

I have the night off ...... wish i was playing instead!
:D

Still got a lotta time though so we'll see.

ugh ...... flashes of non-suckiness but otherwise ....... and I'm still not sold on Miles.

I have the night off ...... wish i was playing instead!
:D

Still got a lotta time though so we'll see.

This looks like the Jordan Jefferson era at QB, without the benefit of good defense. I'm not at all excited about our chances against good teams after this one half of football. Miles is a phenomenal recruiter. The NFL is littered with LSU players........but he does not know how to find a QB. He can't recruit QBs for some reason.

Lol. Well Lt Boob, you want Miles fired....a season this shit will probably do it.
no way .... LSU takes years to fire a coach.
Plus, as you pointed out, he recruits well.
No matter how bad this season is Miles gets at least two more years.

and I'm not sure I've ever said I want him fired ........ what I've said is I don't believe he's a great coach ...... and I don't.
but he's also not a shit coach as evidenced by his very good overall record.
Some of that is simply the talent he gets but some has to be his coaching too.

But I don't personally believe he's a national championship caliber coach .... yeah, he has one but it was partially because of the remnants of Saban's system.

But IMO there's NO chance they fire Miles this year or even next.
He'll have time to fix it ..... he'll have to suck 3 years running to get fired.

no way .... LSU takes years to fire a coach.
Plus, as you pointed out, he recruits well.
No matter how bad this season is Miles gets at least two more years.

and I'm not sure I've ever said I want him fired ........ what I've said is I don't believe he's a great coach ...... and I don't.
but he's also not a shit coach as evidenced by his very good overall record.
Some of that is simply the talent he gets but some has to be his coaching too.

But I don't personally believe he's a national championship caliber coach .... yeah, he has one but it was partially because of the remnants of Saban's system.

But IMO there's NO chance they fire Miles this year or even next.
He'll have time to fix it ..... he'll have to suck 3 years running to get fired.

I agree. In his defense, not really me defending him, but the facts are he lost about 6 or 7 defensive starters to the NFL. That's a big ol pile of very good talent that just vanished. These current guys are very young and very very green. Chavis is still a great D-Co. Miles did a nice job of relinquishing control to a pro style off coordinator, and it paid off....when we had a QB that could throw. But Mettenberger and his receivers and runningbacks also went to the NFL. All of that is stacked against us right now. I don't really think Miles will be fired, but he needs these guys to mature quickly.

bengal-tiger-wallpaper.jpg

Beats

Baby_Badger_by_KodaSilverwing.jpg

Well, I'll be damned. :)

Now, I'm not sure that would have happened had Wisconsin not lost those two defensive starters. One was replaced by a redshirt freshman so that was a factor.
But being able to come back like that is always a good thing and, as much as I rag on Miles, a good chunk of that second half improvement was coaching so gotta give credit where it's due..

he lost about 6 or 7 defensive starters to the NFL.
and a couple of offensive guys too ...... nine altogether.
Wifey and I were talking about that tonight. That's a BIG-ass loss of experience and it takes a while to fill those holes.

But what a comeback! ...... Nice.

Also the looks of unbelieving shock of the faces of Wisconsin fans ...... lol.

Back