I'll Play The Blues For You

Hey Mixy. That's a Schecter. It's cut like a Tele but with a carved top and humbuckers. Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the snare is a constant source of discussion. He's a great drummer but he's in love with that rim shot on every hit. His sticks look like a beaver had a snack on them about half way up the shaft.
The 57 on the vocal is what amazes me.

Hey Track Rat. I listened to this one last night too but forgot to leave word.

I certainly doesn't sound like some kind of jam/practice recording to me. Stylistically, it's a little on the smooth side for my taste, but very well done.

The vocals were really well captured. A 57, huh? Damn. Nice verb there as well.

I wasn't really digging the snare sound myself. It's a cool sound in come contexts, but for this tune the tone of it seemed an odd choice.

Great recording and performances all around!

I thank you sir. I tracked this through two od ADATs as AD converters to a MOTU 2408 into an old computer I got out of a dumpster, all tracked at 16/44.1. I used my old StudioMaster as a front end.

slinky...

I'm not a huge fan of the verb? Or that snare? Damn I'm starting to sound like a broken record...

I like the feeling on the vocal, and the lead. I don't much care for that keyboard sample, it fact? It makes me want to comit a violent act?

You may want a little less verb on the vox, and try a touch of delay? And lose that keyboard patch please? Go with a nice Worthlessertzer? Or a Rhodes? And slap a hammond in there ;-)

Can blue men sing the whites?

Well thanks for the kind words? It's a band practice, not a record so there's no changing anything. So if you must do violence to yourself, go for it. Again, thanks for listening?

It's pretty tight for band practice. I hadn't really noticed that initially I just listened. For band practice, amazing. I'll be you guys get work...

I like the bass player, he has a feel for that instrument. Great vocals too.

I was going to make 4 observations, but I see they've already been made.
1) love the guitar tone
2) don't like the snare
3) great vocals but a little soft
4) sounds like Robert Cray
I liked it a lot.

Back