If you post songs here.. Read This

TheRealWaldo said:
Hmm, send me a screen shot of that error, that should not be happening.

W.

Ok,next time it happens I'll capture it and get it to you.It's happened 5 times today at different times.

That sounds like a great idea Waldo!

not the error thing , the other thing..

There are a few people who I wouldn't mind knowing as soon as they put up something new... Just in case this site is down, I can still hear the latest tunes by people who have commented on my songs. :eek:

:D I'm jokin' here!

Dah, that'd be because the windows media server is over-loaded, or too many people were listening at the time you tried. You can try the lo-fi when this happens... Otherwise, just hang on, someone will eventually stop listening...

You can also switch players, as the other server can handle a bit more traffic (Windows Media has extra, useless, overhead).

Traffic is exploding at NWR right now, so this might begin to happen a bit more often for a while, at least until I can come up with at least $2,000 USD to move the servers onto faster lines, and upgrade one of them. I've also got to be able to cover the added monthly expenses... Right now, I'm about 10 months away from coming up with that kind of cash, with current income.

W.

All Sam is asking for is a litte common courtesy. Ya know. A little reach around. You scratch my back, I'll spit on yours. ?

Anyway, I have no guidelines, I like to post comments about other peoples stuff that i have developed a rapor with. People I see helping others. So what Sammi-linga-ding-dong say works for me.

Fangar

Fangar said:
So what Sammi-linga-ding-dong say works for me.
Fangar

Hey Fangar, glad you chimed in..

I noticed that you listened to my tune 'riches to rags' and never commented..:eek:

I'm assuming you thought it completely sucked and didn't want to bother.. :D Just figured I'd tell you I saw..

Welcome to the black list! :eek:

:D :D :D (I kill myself.) :D :D :D :D

TheRealWaldo said:
What if I were to develop a 'napsterish' program that downloaded tracks from artists you select on NWR in the background, as they appear...

Waldo: I don't know PC platform too much, but in the mac there's a program called iSwipe that searches Gnutella, Napster, and lots of networks.

It has a feature called autosearch, where you specify a criteria (for example a new flag), and everytime there's something that matches the criteria, it downloads it. Maybe there's a Windows thing like that, and you'll save the development.

Here is the manual.

Cheers, Andrés

B.SABBATH said:

Hey Fangar, glad you chimed in..

I noticed that you listened to my tune 'riches to rags' and never commented..:eek:

Sam,

Though I almost always reply to your posts and songs, I chose not to on that one. Probbaly for no reason at all. However if you read back through I almost always post. Anyway, I enjoy being blacklisted, it allows me the advantage of knowing not to expect anything. Thanks for the tip.

Fangar

ATTENTION FANGAR

dude, you are not blacklisted!! :D It was a bad attempt at humor.. You have commented on my tunes, and I see you commenting on others.. You haven't put up anything in awhile, but when you do I will definitely check it out and comment! That was some nice guitar stuff you put up last time! I did notice you checked it out, but I already had enough feedback.. We are definitely cool my man! I thought you would catch the humor.. (or lack of) You hearin' me Fang? :)

dtb - what's up my man! :D

Nuke this thread!

Re: ATTENTION FANGAR

B.SABBATH said:
dude, you are not blacklisted!! :D It was a bad attempt at humor.. You have commented on my tunes, and I see you commenting on others.. You haven't put up anything in awhile, but when you do I will definitely check it out and comment! That was some nice guitar stuff you put up last time! I did notice you checked it out, but I already had enough feedback.. We are definitely cool my man! I thought you would catch the humor.. (or lack of) You hearin' me Fang? :)

dtb - what's up my man! :D

Nuke this thread!

I'm with you. I got it though. I sorta was being sarcastic when I said that thing about likeing the blacklist. Thanks Sam

Fangar

P.S. I have been busting my nuts at work lately. I am working on a new tune with Vox. I will probably be done around 2010 and will post it here first. :p

Fangar

Cordura,

I'm talking about this being specific to NWR musicians, and not just a loose 'text search' like gnutella and those other file swapper does.

Naw, this'd be more efficient and accurate, and you wouldn't have to wade through crap to get what you want.

W.

B.SABBATH said:

Nuke this thread!
If you look at my last post....I've already nuked it but the radiation resistant mutants of homerec just keep scurrying around. Nothing will destroy the denizens of the BBS. Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaa

yeah. I thought maybe there's an open source Gnutella client that you can customize to work only to your server, so you avoid the development. Maybe there is something like that.

It's so bloody simple to do really, the code is already in Windows. I'd rather not use someone elses code. It's added to my list of to dos, but it's not really a high priority, as there is much else I must prepare for.

W.

Re: macle

B.SABBATH said:
hold the phone man!! It sounded to me like I was giving you major props.. Hence the"deservedly so" part of my reply..
Yes I do post a lot of songs... About 1 for every 25 to 35 songs I critique..no offense macle.. you are a great musician and homerecr', and you deserve to be signed..
I'm just keepin' it real.. :)
peace..

sam

Okay, sorry bout that, guess I misunderstood. Props and peace back at ya! :)

Macle

Hey Sam, I hope I didn't make your list. I try to comment on your songs as much as I can, and I truly appreciate it that you have commented on my few!

Unfortunately, like WATYF says, sometimes life gets in the way and it is hard to keep up on things. This forum sometimes has things come and go really fast...and if you are like me, only able to get on the internet every once in a while, you might miss some things...

I agree with you on Lo-Fi...that is the only way that I can listen, so when a song is posted in Hi-Fi only I am not able to. But I certainly still get the gist of the song in Lo-Fi, and I know if I like it or not, even if I don't get all of the nuances mixing and mastering wise.

All in all I think we should all try to listen to as much as we can and comment on as much as we can when we can...but sometimes it is hard to listen to so much, but that is one great thing about this forum is that even if I miss something (not purposely) and don't get a chance to post, somebody else will get to hear it and will post, so it all turns out alright...

I do get kind of down, though, when I start searching through the pages and find a thread that isn't on the first page with absolutely no replies. I think that kind of sucks, and if I find one, I try to reply to it because I feel that everyone who has the balls to post something deserves some kind of feedback, even if it is just a "good song" or whatever.

I usually don't have a lot to say mixing wise, but sometimes a word of encouragement can really help...or even a "it can be done better this way" is encouraging.

Anyway, I'm just rambling ... time to get another beer!

Later.

boydrj, I always see you commenting even though your on lo-fi, and that's totally cool.. I owe you many listens and so do others.. :D

Listen people, this got a bit out of hand... Now Emeric, macle, and a few others hate my ass.. I remember everyone who ever commented on any of my tunes.. I really do. I don't want to get into arguements and have people wondering if there on 'the black list' Although it has been pretty funny, I know who does what. I appreciate all the very cool people who have ever bothered.. I think we should let this thread die because it is taking up space that could be occupied by someones music.. Thanks everyone for giving your thoughts.. With all the bad, I really think some good came out of this thread.. :rolleyes:

With this post I am 12 away from my 1000th..

And now,

Nuke this thread!

Nuke it!!!

Back