If you post songs here.. Read This

hey dude...set the bong down.....I said "set the bong down"....let it cool down...relax....stop rambling...and the thread will die.

But...is that really in YOUR powers to have that happen??:D :D :D

Naw.....let's stir some more shit up!!! Release the HOUNDS!!!

I did a vocal up mix of your retched funeral home tune, and I just might re post it...!!!

so eat that stale piece of cake.

You new Yarkers are soooo amusing to us hillbillies!! (even though I grew up in St. Louis, Chicago, and Boston)

Dude.. we're practically brothers.. :cool: I grew up in Chicago and now I'm in St. Louis... (not for long, I hope. :p ) now all I gotta do is get to Boston... (I visited KY once.. does that count?) :p What part of St. Louis and Chicago were you in?

oh yeah.. and I think the idea of monitoring who listens to your songs or who posts on your songs is silly.. :p I haven't the slightest clue who listens to my stuff and I couldn't tell you, for the life of me, everyone who's ever posted on them.

there... I said it... :D

WATYF

hey WATYF, it was good of you to bring this thread to the top again.. :rolleyes:

you must be bored...

I said all I need to say on this subject.. I was hoping this thread would die, and it almost did..

I guess other people are sick of looking at it too..

This thread has served it's purpose imhop...

can you say 'played' :rolleyes:

*yawn*

yeah.. I am kinda bored.. not much goin' on today.. I was supposed to lay some scratch guitar tracks to go with the drum tracks I laid a week or so ago, but the CD that the sound guy gave me won't work... it's the weirdest thing.. I put it in the drive and it won't even recognize it.. well.. sometimes it does.. but usually it don't.. I can see the list of tracks if I use Explorer to view it, but WMP won't recognize that it's even there.. and then I try to use CDex to rip the cda's to wav format and the thing generates, like, 50 thousand errors!! :eek: and the rare times that I can play it back, it's all "skipping" and "jittering" and what not... He's oat of town, and I can't get another copy till next week, so I guess that plan is oat the window... I'll prolly just go to the store.. maybe do some laundry or something, instead... oops.. am I rambling..? :p

:D

WATYF

one thing I go back and forth on is how honest the replies I give are.

Basically, if I praise someones work...then i mean it 110%.

But, sometimes I don't want to hurt someones feelings...and I do make comments on a lot of what I listen to. So, i might get in a rut like mixkr was talking about.

"the guitar sounds pretty good...". I mean, sure...it might sound good for a newbie..

But, i'm a newbie anyways, and I understand what it's like to listen to the stuff the "pro homerecers" do, and then get discouraged.

But...I am not going to do that anymore. Becuase then i start wondering, in the rare thing that I have posted...if people are doing the same thing to me and that isn't what I want. So, again...I'll side with the honesty thing.

I respond here a lot (I've commented on several of your threads Sam...not *neccesarily* everyone I have listened to though), mostly in terms of songwriting....so, i feel i am "doing my part" to make the clinic a good place for people to post.

From now on if somethings sucks I'm just gonna say it.

wes480 said:
From now on if somethings sucks I'm just gonna say it.
Yeeaaaahhh!!! That's the spirit...! :D I'm with ya on that one wes... I took a "no comment" stance when I first got here.. I really didn't comment on much of anything, cause I didn't have anything "nice" to say... :p Then things got a little better.. folks like Erland and Macle showed up (and others :p) and now you don't have to cringe everytime you click on a link.. :p But now, I try to do the same thing as you sometimes (find something "nice" to say), yet I really think I should be brutally honest from now on... it'll do people more good to hear what others really think, rather then to hear patronizing "encouragement".

Of course.. then you're gonna have people who's feelings get hurt, and they'll give bad reviews in retaliation to whoever said something bad aboot their songs, and then brutal flame wars will erupt between opposing factions of the clinic and hatred will spew from every post as the entire website falls prey to utter chaos.....

hhhhmmmm...

oh well...

WATYF

i was born in chicago and grew up in indianapolis...

coincidence?

:)

i smoked pot once it made me really woozy!

:eek:

watyf is the person that brought me to this part of the forum... i had never been here before so if you ever need to blame someone blame him!

:p

WATYF said:
What part of St. Louis and Chicago were you in?

Webster Groves for a looong time, and Deerfield up north...but I mainly hung around Wilmette, as that was were my friends were at.

I'm a "south" person.. most of my "Chicago" life was spent in the south suburbs. Mokena (Orland Park area) and Lockport and New Lennox and what not... and here in St. Louis I'm in South County... 'bout ten minutes or so from Webster Groves.

jeap.. just remember... I brought you into this forum... and I can take you out!!!

(mmmMMMUUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!)

WATYF

WATYF said:
I'm a "south" person.. most of my "Chicago" life was spent in the south suburbs. Mokena (Orland Park area) and Lockport and New Lennox and what not... and here in St. Louis I'm in South County... 'bout ten minutes or so from Webster Groves

(mmmMMMUUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!)

WATYF
Hey neighbor, since I can't make the east coast convention this year, maybe us mid-westerners ought to get together around here. I'm in Castlewood (Ballwin) down on the banks of the beautiful Meremac river.

WATYF said:
Of course.. then you're gonna have people who's feelings get hurt, and they'll give bad reviews in retaliation to whoever said something bad aboot their songs, and then brutal flame wars will erupt between opposing factions of the clinic and hatred will spew from every post as the entire website falls prey to utter chaos.....
Wes.. it appears this has already started to happen... (and after my very first "bluntly honest" post, no less...) :( Maybe our first approach was more palatable. I just don't think enough people are ready to hear deep scrutinization of their stuff without getting way too bothered by it.

And Track.. I'm all for a midwest meeting.. as long as it's right here in St. Louis and I don't have to drive far... :D :p

WATYF

Nah.........this'll blow over. From time to time folks blow off steam here just like in normal life. And sometimes one is quicker to say something without second thoughts here because we're not face to face. And just like normal life...... you never know what's going on in someone's life, you just see the results of that in their postings. Sam's cool with critisism, I'm sure it's no big deal. ;)

QUOTE: Lt Bob:...

"...sometimes one is quicker to say something without second thoughts here because we're not face to face."

>>>Yeah, it's called "growing cyber-balls"!;)

Lt. Bob said:
Nah.........this'll blow over. From time to time folks blow off steam here just like in normal life. And sometimes one is quicker to say something without second thoughts here because we're not face to face. And just like normal life...... you never know what's going on in someone's life, you just see the results of that in their postings. Sam's cool with critisism, I'm sure it's no big deal. ;)
I hope you're right... I don't wanna start any kind of resentment between anybody here,.. but I could already see the "sides" starting to form... (you know,.. the "who thinks WATYF's a dork" and "who thinks he's right" sides.) :p

Of course,.. knowing my luck, I'd somehow end up on the "who thinks WATYF's a dork" side. :confused: :p :D

WATYF

$ .02

As an infrequent clinic poster, and an occasional "listen to this" guy, here's my take:

Before I found this BBS, I didn't know crapola about recording. Now I know crapola.

What I meant to say was, my music has all kinds of potential but is still firmly sitting in amateur territory. That's fine with me because it's reality. When I posted to this forum (with about 7 or 8 tunes and various revisions) I received encouragement and criticism. The encouragement absolutely made my day - and I noticed that the criticism from different people was consistent. That made my day, too, because it forced me to listen to my tracks with new ears. So I learned that I really do have a problem with timing that up to then I had been pretty much unaware of. I'm working on that.

I'm not a real substantive return poster because I'm still on rung one or two of the ladder. I know acoustic guitars more than some, but that's about it.

So, to all you who answer, pat on the back, slice and dice, and everything in between, here's a big THANK YOU!

Much as I'd love being an instant star, it just ain't gonna happen, and in the meantime because of you I now know some stuff to work on to make my tunes a little better.

That's what it's all about, right?

Lt. Bob - I'm not exactly sure what you mean.. What do you think I was so quick to say?

A Reel Person - 'cyberballs' was that directed towards me? If it was, that was funny.. If it was to WATYF, it was very funny..

WATYF - you got mad at the comments that I made to you in the begining of this thread.. you tried to find something you could complain aboot on my tune.. You posted several times aboot it on my thread.. no one else has mentioned the drums being bad except Fed.. Everyone else made comments aboot the drums being good.. I laughed.. You are a very funny guy.. :p

Treeline - I understand what your saying.. Why don't you listen to the song and tell me if the timing is off..

B.SABBATH said:
WATYF - you got mad at the comments that I made to you in the begining of this thread.. you tried to find something you could complain aboot on my tune.. You posted several times aboot it on my thread.. no one else has mentioned the drums being bad except Fed.. Everyone else made comments aboot the drums being good.. I laughed.. You are a very funny guy.. :p
This is a completely incorrect assumption... and as I pointed out in the other thread, it's insulting. I don't even remember what you said aboot me earlier in this thread and I assure you I have no malice as a result,.. (especially since I can't remember it) I prolly didn't take it personally. You might wanna reconsider how much of a conclusion you're jumping to.

WATYF

Wait a second... I just re-read this whole freaking thread and you didn't say anything mean to me... in fact we were completely peacable with each other the whole time.. sayin' "peace man" and "I hear ya" and all that... what on God's green earth are you talking aboot? :eek:

I don't take much around here seriously... I tend to just have fun.. but you're making a very serious accusation that could effect the way everybody around here views my input.. you need to think very carefully about that. I won't have my entire reputation smeared by your false assumptions.

WATYF

Back