If you post songs here.. Read This

okay... hopefully this isn't too out of context...

But if we really are talking about being honest when we critique music, why can't we be honest when we react to the honesty? WATYF?

Hopefully that doesn't sound too one sided. I do believe WATYF knows what he's talking about when talking about drumming (he's a drummer). But Sam and most other people seemed positive about the drums.

Now -- hopefully I'm right in the middle of the fence, there :p

Chad

:eek: Post #187!! :eek:

Last edited:
B.SABBATH said:
Lt. Bob - I'm not exactly sure what you mean.. What do you think I was so quick to say?..
Well I wasn't actually meaning what you specifically said..although I can see how it might have seemed that way. What I meant was people in general just writing something down without thinking. I've had it happen several times to me ( NOT by you....by some guys who I don't even remember). A couple of guys took offense at something I said when I definitely didn't mean what they thought I did.
So that's what I meant..........I suppose I'm a wussy 'cause I like to see everyone get along and I guess that's not always gonna happen. You certainly have the credentials and the body of work to show what you can do and I've told you many times how highly I think of your stuff. I'd like to think that WATYF just has foot-in-mouth disease right now and doesn't mean things in the negative way they might be coming across. And, in fact, he has said that several times. I'd hope that if I accidently said something to offend you, that you would accept my apology and take me at my word that I meant no offense.

Now play nice ya'll...that's all I'm saying. :D

maybe

maybe it's time to move this subject into PMs. That way people aren't humiliated in public? This thread can then die.

Chad

I'm pretty sure that I think I agree with what Lt. Bob says he meant when he meant what he said...

:D

Interesting subject, net communication, considering that 90% of human communication is nonverbal. In other words, no words. :eek:
Facial expression, body language, posture, tone of voice, inflection, and countless other factors that are vital to human exchanges are lost in typing. I guess that's why they invented emoticons, to try to bring some of the above to written communication.
We all know that miscommunication happens often even in face-to-face situations. Multiply that by a factor of nine (at least) and you get net interchange.

btw, I'm really 100% sure that I agree with Lt. Bob. ;)

There you go! mkg managed to ennunciate what I was trying to say. When you are not face to face, it can be easy to misunderstand what somebody else means because you don't see them laughing if they make a joke or you don't see them frowning if they are pissed. So I think it is important to try to allow people to explain themselves before assuming that they are being deliberately disrespectful.

nice!!!!!!!!!!

sounds good, git's are ringing nicely, well written. stereo spread is just awesome!!!!!!!

overall very nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to more tunes from ya!!!!!

peace

rick.

wait. oop's
ditto mkg and the lt.:D

Nah, I wasn't talking about anyone in particular,...

and I wasn't up on the latest feuds.;)

I just agree w/Lt Bob, in that people might snap off at someone else, more often online than they would in person. There's something about the anonymity of the internet that sometimes people 'grow cyber-balls', and say nasty or over-the-top stuff that they wouldn't otherwise say in person. Sometimes what they say may be true, but it may still be tactless and provocative. It's true of all of us, not just you.

I've popped off at certain people sometimes, and I've had a few online feuds with people too, but it doesn't really add up to much in the end. It's just idle chat, and a passtime.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I think we're all guilty of it from time to time,... and some more than others.;)

I certainly wasn't speaking directly about SABBATH or WATYF. I didn't even know they were in a feud, until now.

I have my own rich history and experiences on this board to draw examples from.;)

Careful!!!!!!!!!

Mixmkr is gonna come around and give you guys shit about fucking up the clinic and bringing this shit back to the top........

Well, he better, cause when it was me, you better believe he came over to the thread with FT in the clinic and singled me out and gave me shit....

If he doesn't, im just gonna start to thinking he just likes giving me shit.. maybe he has a vendetta against me....;)

Come on Mixmkr, pass out the shit.

Disclaimer: Yeah, im in the mood to stir up shit today :D

Gentlemen,

I am sick of looking at this thread.. I ask anyone who is considered a buddy of B. Sabbath to let it die..

All the posts that appear after this one will read as a list of people who will be on my ignore list until I, or they die.. :)

Either way it is a dead issue for me..

Thanks

peace..

-EDIT- any other thoughts on this can be dealt with through p.m.'s..

Last edited:
Back