I need a mixer

style0

Hi all, I need a (CHEAP) mixer to go in front of my Tascam DP-01fx. It's great for what I've been doing in the past, but now I need something to add more inputs without screwing up the sound. Are the old Tascam mixers with the wood sides worth checking into?

Are you looking to be able to record more tracks at once and then mix them later? Some quick research on your recording device indicates it can only handle 2 tracks simultaneous recording. If you were to plug a mixer into those two inputs and record, say, 8 tracks of audio, you'd end up with a stereo mix of the 8 mics which you cannot remix later. If you're looking to get more tracks of individual audio to work with and the ability to record more inputs simultaneously, you may want to invest your cash in a newer unit, like the Tascam DP-24. That guy lets you record 8 tracks simultaneously, and allows for 24 tracks of individual playback. It also has 255 virtual tracks, so you can record up to 255 individual tracks of audio - the only limitation is that only 24 of those virtual tracks can be assigned to the 24 playable tracks at one time.

Back