I may be slow...but I do crappy work (late cover #2)

Jagular, Listening on monitors with my own deaf ears, The guitar sound was a little weak, maybe too distant sounding also not enough brilliance.

I know your vocal potential from songs like "the gift" and even though this is definitely a superior performance on the vox its not your usual "SUPREME" performance :D . I'd like to hear some harmony in there to fill the dry spots.

The phrasing seems really very difficult in some places and though you managed to pull it off , you can, and often do much better.
On the flipside , I wish I could produce an equal sound in two weeks which you have created in a quick 1.5 hour session.

Im waiting for another one from you where I can play it and get more of those , WOW, Who is that? comments from the unsuspecting :) Then I can spring the , he's Not a paid pro, YET!! stuff on em! hehe

Overall a Great first take of a Very nice song

Peace and prosperity to you
Bill

wfaraoni said:
Jagular, Listening on monitors with my own deaf ears, The guitar sound was a little weak, maybe too distant sounding also not enough brilliance.

I know your vocal potential from songs like "the gift" and even though this is definitely a superior performance on the vox its not your usual "SUPREME" performance :D . I'd like to hear some harmony in there to fill the dry spots.

The phrasing seems really very difficult in some places and though you managed to pull it off , you can, and often do much better.
On the flipside , I wish I could produce an equal sound in two weeks which you have created in a quick 1.5 hour session.

Im waiting for another one from you where I can play it and get more of those , WOW, Who is that? comments from the unsuspecting :) Then I can spring the , he's Not a paid pro, YET!! stuff on em! hehe

Overall a Great first take of a Very nice song

Peace and prosperity to you
Bill

Hey man…thanks for listening, compliment & the honest feedback. You are absolutely right. There are some phrasing problems in there (Chris wrote a lot of words in this song ;):D). I was actually reading the lyrics off the page for this first take…that doesn’t always make for the best performance :D. Like I mentioned in a post above, I will probably take another crack at the vocals on this when I get a chance and my creative (writing) juices aren’t flowing. That and the guitar on the Crawdad cover I did. Just to make these two great songs sound a little better like they deserve.

No, not crappy work. Very, very good work, in fact. I like those songs where the song's a good one, and the singer's up there at the top of his range without crapping out, and the guitar's been recently restrung. What makes this one work (aside from great sound and performance) is the intensity of the singing against the relaxed guitar strumming. It works really well.

Damn, I couldn't begin to write a song like this. Wonderful. You know how to pick 'em, and you know how to do 'em.

Bring the guitar up .8 dB. :D

dobro said:
No, not crappy work. Very, very good work, in fact. I like those songs where the song's a good one, and the singer's up there at the top of his range without crapping out, and the guitar's been recently restrung. What makes this one work (aside from great sound and performance) is the intensity of the singing against the relaxed guitar strumming. It works really well.

Damn, I couldn't begin to write a song like this. Wonderful. You know how to pick 'em, and you know how to do 'em.

Bring the guitar up .8 dB. :D

Thanks man. I appreciate that. However I was thinking .7 db ;) :D... LOL. I can't wait to get monitors someday. It is getting so hard to mix with the computer speakers. I even toyed with the idea of getting monitors before a soundcard, but I think I will get the soundcard first so I can at least get good tracks down and then do remixes of everything once I get monitors. :) Thanks for the listen.

Monitors or a CD burner and a stack of CDRs. Play A/B mixes on a variety of players. I've got it where my mixes sound almost passable on just about everything except my diskman. When I get it sounding good on my diskman, I'm buying some champagne to celebrate.

Never heard the original,lyrics are really good.Jag you did a great job with this.Deserves 1st page resurection...even though that's almost the exact song I wrote for my dead dog,like he stole it outta my head or something..even ends the same.Creepy.....:( That Harris guy creeps me out a little anyway...like he might have sold his soul for some musical ability.He seems to be everywhere...:( I think you coulda sung/sang it better,too.Nice Job anyway..Really heartfelt,hit me right.

Back