I have decided..

seancfc

Hey guys. I have decided that I'm not going to start building a home studio. I'm not good at mixing/mastering. I'm just gonna spend money and go to a proper studio. There's no time wasting and building a good home studio is gonna take time and a lot of money.

EDIT: WOW! GUYS! I'm not quitting home recording though!! I'm just not gonna buy acoustic treatment or anything. BUT, I still have my AT2020 and interface :)

I'm still uploading to YouTube. Just not gonna build a recording studio.

Do you know what I meant? And BASICALLY, I will probably not be in this 'Studio building' thread lol.

Last edited:
Lots of time, but a hell of a lot less money than a pro studio.
You may not be good now, but you're only 17. It takes practise to do anything well.

I'm sorry to hear that sean.
The others are right it's a lot less expensive to build and run your own studio the learning curves may be steep for a start with but you are young and if you're anything like me you will be time rich and money poor. Good luck with what ever you decide to do in the future.

At 17, you have time to change your mind. . . But it really has to be something you want to do, maybe even NEED to do. . . If you aren't passionate about the recording process, then I would say let someone who IS passionate about it handle it for you. . .

I, myself, had an overwhelming desire to have a place I could use to create and produce music without a clock ticking. . . Without having to make appointments. . . without having to be creative at , say, Thursday evening from 7 to midnight. . . And they never let me touch all that sexy equipment ! ! ! :(

Well, it took me a long time, and I spent alot of money, and I had to make many choices and sacrifices in other areas of my life, but I woudn't have it any other way. . . Music and recording isn't something I do- - It's a large part of who I am. . If recording is just something you do, and you don't do it well, then the choice is obvious. . .

If you don't LOVE the recording process, then NOT building a studio is probably the best decision you will ever make. . .

Hey guys. I have decided that I'm not going to start building a home studio. I'm not good at mixing/mastering. I'm just gonna spend money and go to a proper studio. There's no time wasting and building a good home studio is gonna take time and a lot of money.

Some people should just use home studios for what they were originally intended, as sketchpad for ideas to record later at a pro studio as not eveyone is a recording engineer some are only musicians. seancfc is one of those people. I bet you get a lot more songs written and recorded now.

th_ClappingHands-11.gif

Alan.

The expense and design of a "home studio" is not a one-size-fits-all thing. The kind of music you create is a big factor in what is needed and how much it might cost. And if your rig is portable, you can take it to "found spaces" to put an acoustic signature on a project.

I'll agree to that. There was at one time a production company in Wichita, KS that would find good local bands/musicians and set them up with the craziest places...in abandoned buildings, parking lots, city parks, etc and record thier performances audio and visual. They gave these musicians a great opportunity for public exposure and, more importantly, captured thier intellectual property and preserved thier creations for the future.

Wichita Sessions - Spirit of the Stairs - doq, doq, doq - YouTube

That's what I intend to do...support local folks in thier musical success. I tried my hand at the guitar for several years and determined I lack the creative flexibility to express the things I felt and thought. As I approach 30, I'm realizing my strength lies in the technical aspects of this process so I'll exploit that to support others.

No need to decide your entire future at age 17...now's the time to chase your ideas, try your hand at different things and take some time to identify your passions.

Back