i found a Teac A-3440

got stuck out of town and now i'm back trying to make the extended tax deadline. i'll get back in a couple days.

Where to Start?

Since I am a newbie, I can't start a new thread so I will have to post my TEAC question here. Anyway, I have two A3440 (no "S"), one is supposed to be a parts unit for the other however, I also have a A3300 that I can use as a parts unit IF motors, etc., will interchange. Where do I get belt kits. pinch rollers, and what is the best way to clean pots and circuit boards, and since one of the the 3440s has a broken reel retainer on the motor, can I use a motor from the 3300?

I live in Southern California not too far from San Bernardino. Does anyone here know of a place that I could get parts locally?

Thank you all for your patience.

Attachments

• unit1.jpg
    unit1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 38
  • unit2.jpg
    unit2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 36
  • unit2back.jpg
    unit2back.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 38
  • unit2heads.jpg
    unit2heads.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
hey Rolf...i'm back...sorry i got sidetracked for a couple months.
i found a working little akai 4400 at auction for $5 the other day...i may need some advice repairing the power switch on it though.

i've got an off topic question...i've been using headphones since i got the reel to reel and i need to get speakers and a receiver. i'm looking for something decent bargain priced vintage stuff...could you recommend any? are there any lower end fishers, marantz, etc that you think are decent for under $100.

No problem, I had a feeling you were busy.
Check the local Craig's list of thrift store for a decent amp /reciever and speakers.
Sometimes you get lucky :)
About the Akai 4400, doesn't it have a shut-off switch built in ?

the 4400...
the power on switch doesn't work. it comes on when you put tape on...engaged by the tape guide with the switch. so stuck in the on position.

though..i don't have time to work on this one just yet.

Back