HRC#4 Twist and Lt. Bob

great fun

I just adored the vocals by the way. That hi part is awsome! Just to say well done both of you. I`ll turn this up real loud, see what everyone thinks.

Erland

Cool rock piece

Well done. Very complex, lots going on. Plain ol' rock and roll with a little Tower of Power thrown in.

Being completely honest, after 20 seconds I thought, as mentioned in this thread by someone else, Oh no, not Old Time Rock n Roll rewritten again....but I gave a couple of listens and this is much more than that, I can really appreciate all that you guys did here, fun song and excellent job.

man, is nowhere slow lately!

i've tried to listen to this like three times and keep getting buffer shit.

ok, so it's finally playing. damn. nice songwriting guys! who's singing? very nice solos. great performance all around. fucking sax rocks lt. bob! i guess you know that.

of course it's great! felt like the radio was on for this one.. I like everything, and those horns are something else! No one does it like you Lt.. at least no one I know! :D I have to read and see who did what, but it's all very good! (even though I like some rap) :D This is definitely a happy hour song!

Great musicianship and production on this here tune. The only thing I would add is that it sounds a bit too derivative of the Seger's Classic....

Thanks for sharing.

Winston

Finally had a listen - great work guys!!!

I caught the Seger parallels too, but I thought it worked as an updated rag on the current state of pop music - and sonically, it was more EW's White Trash than Silver Bullet Band. Mebbe it's the sequel to OTR&R!!!

I'd maybe work on timbral dynamics a bit - it's pretty thick all the way through - but then again it does thin out nicely for the solos.

Your voices blend well, liked the drums, good guitar tone and sax - and a sweet little groove. Just excellent!

Daf

Wow! If I repeat anything someone else said or question something already adressed it's because I didn't read the other responses yet. I don't like to be influenced the other criticts when responding to a new thread here fresh like.

First thing is this totally reminds me of something that could have been playing that night in Plymouth. I'm getting buzzed all over again just listening! Old-tyme cool ass rock and roll vibe. Great harmonies! This is a jamming song!!!! Who's singing I wonder? Is that you in the back, Steve? Great soloing! A+ on the ratso-meter!:D :D :D

Hey guys – I downloaded a couple days ago and just now listening on cans at work due to some technical difficulties yesterday.

This is just wonderful. I got a big chuckle out of the song and it was very well done. Too well done for any mix comment from moi. I really enjoyed this. This is an instant keeper. :D

Nice work guys

joro Thanks for the listen, glad you enjoyed it!

Erland Play it loud and invite the neighbors over!

sloop It's only Rock 'n ' Roll but I like it! Tower of Power, cool!

lynx I hope we could bring some new ideas to an old genre, thanks!

eric Thanks for your persistence. I'm doing the lead vocal, and we both did the harmonies. I'm obviously NOT playing the sax!

Sam Thanks for tuning in.

Winston Cowboy Thanks!

dafduc Thanks, I'm sure there will eventually be a remix.

FattMusiek wrong thread? Or do you want us to add some hand percussion?

rats It would have been fun at the jamfest, but couldn't make it this year. Thanks

Jagular I hoped everyone would get a kick out of the lyrics. I know most of us can relate!

Mac2 Thanks, and well done on your submission too.

Goodnight all.

Twist

yes, great job. more for the cd. this was a fun challenge. I'm glad I signed up.

Pretty damn cool guys. I love the lyrics! How true the opening lines! I'm a R&B whore. I didn't read the thread so I might be repeating... well executed, some very tasty chops in there both guitar and horns. I hear all the stuff you got goin on there and I think you did a damn good job mixing Lt. I think it sounds a little like the Dead in a way.

bd

Great tune guys!

You did a nice job of following your own advice,and mixed it up real good.
Nice changes.

Sax is awsome as always.
Fine singing and playing all around.

You guys rock!

Pete

lmao...nice.

If anybody mentioned that it could use a mid cut, I'd agree with that person. If nobody mentioned it, then I'd agree that I'm wrong.

You're not wrong Chris.....Everybody mentioned it needed a mid cut :D....it's definitely harsh. I'm gonna remix it someday!

Back