Votes: 2 22.2%
  • everyday

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It just sits there. I'm stuck.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sperry

My DP-24 is still kina new to me, but I've fallen into a rhythm.
At first, I was laying down every thing I knew.
Then I found it more productive to concentrate on geting one song perfect, before moving on.
Now, I stick to one song, and if I only get a little done, but it is right, I take a break.

Maybe an hour or two, three or four times a week.

How about you?

I'm down to about 2 or 3 times a week. I intend to get back into it and pick up the pace.

I have another full time job so a couple of times a week I lay down new takes on my Super Stable, Trustful and Quiet 2488 Neo :-)

I'd say at least 4 and sometimes 5 or 6 times a week. It may only be one little thing or like the last three days, lots of stuff {guitars, bass, drums and piano on 5 songs}. April and May were very productive months and if the first five days of this month are anything to go by, June will be too.
Sometimes though, after an intensive period of tracking and mixing, I need to rest my head for a few days.

Once a week for me - if I'm lucky. I gig 1-2 nights most weeks so getting time to just record is difficult let alone finishing a song within a month - I still have some songs with a "To-do" list.

Zeek

I think it's better to concentrate on one song at a time. Finish up your song, take a break for a few days, then listen to it again.
Chances are there might be some changes you wanna make, or there's something that doesn't sound right. Typically, it takes me a month or more to do a song, because I do everything manually two tracks at a time..... drums, bass, rhythm gtr, solo or lead gtr and the vocals last. I always want whatever I'm doing to sound differently than the last song I did, if it sounds the same as my last song, then I haven't accomplished anything

I think it's better to concentrate on one song at a time.

It's probably different for everyone, but I agree. This applies to me, and I only really learned that recently. I always focused on one song at a time and got it done. In the last few months, I accumulated a lot of un- finished tunes, for various reasons. Some, I have everything but vocals, others are done, but I want to re-do either the bass or the drums, etc...But now, I find myself having trouble getting back to some of the earlier ones and focusing on them. It's taking me way longer to finish stuff this way.

I'll definitely go back to one song at a time once I get through this batch.

In addition to countless unfinished projects, I often just make up little songs on the spot. I have a guitar plugged in, and I lay down a riff. Then I add another layer, then another. A friend and I do this thing where we make up little songs on the spot, then e-mail the mp3s to each other, and sometimes send them back with even more tracks added on.

Back