How much money do you have invested in your studio?

How much money do you have invested in your project studio?

• Total voters
Including instruments and our Live PA gear...I think around $3700. and I'm about to invest about another $1000 in recording gear....ugh, thank god for student loans =P

Crap, especially after my last buying spree, if I added it all up I'd be majorly depressed.

We crossed the six-digit marker a loooong time ago.

/looking for a 12-step plan to join

I think a much better question would be "and what percentage of that do you think it's still worth today"?

The instruments have appreciated. Virtually all my instruments and some of my amps are so called "vintage" or boutique. I'd guess that on average, my instruments and amps are worth 50% more now than when I purchased them.

My recording gear is about a wash. I've bought almost all my recording stuff used (except my Lynx Aurora which I bought on sale), most of it is analog, and some of it actually has appreciated a bit (mics). So overall, I could probably get what I have in it, or darn close to it, if I sold it all now.

Software, of course, is a write-off, although I got Sonar by paying the really cheap upgrade price based on some low level Cakewalk software I got packaged with my first interface (Aardvark Q10) that is now long gone.

All in all, I figure if I had to liquidate everything and wasn't in a hurry, I'd be about even.

I bought most of my gear at ridiculously low prices, by keeping my eyes open, ears to the ground, showing patients, and not always buying exactly what I needed at the time... but what I would need later (if the price was good enough).

If I had to liquidate... I'd come out ahead, but could never come close to replacing it for what I originally paid...

You have just given me a new goal!

Glad I could help dude :D

Buying everything (well, nearly everything) in pairs allows you to cross the line pretty quickly, especially when you like boutique and top shelf stuff.

No Behringer stuff in here.

Wow some of you guys have crazy setups. Since I have closer to 30 years before I hit that 55 mark maybe I too will have a studio like yours one day. My gear now comes in closer to about 1000 and already I'm hiding receipts ::rolleyes:

Only about $3-4k.

Not much, but I guess it's a lot considering I don't do anything with it. :p

ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Hey I was just saying,

haha my bad.... my last project was www.myspace .com /kylewarrpiano

Hey man.

Just listened to your stuff. It's really good! Love 'Rain'!

Never thought of doing any vocals or other instruments?

Anyway, I'll join in with the post - Think i've probably spent about $1000 so far. But only been into home recording for about 3 months :D Christmas is coming too, so that amount is sure to go up!

Probably kinda late on this, but invested is about 3,200 worth is probably about 1,200. Yeah thank you Mr. Behringer! Oh, but the Yamaha Pacifica is priceless... First guitar, gift from dad (who played it well), and the dials go all the way to eleven... YEAH!

Actually, I just did an inventory recently, and saw this old post had been resurrected and decided it was time to vote... after recent upgrades, I'm at about $9,000 without instruments, over $10,000 with instruments. Here's an example, recorded in my basement earlier this autumn: http://www.myspace.com/theflyingbordelos

Man oh man, little over 30k this past year. little over 40k total.

You know, think about how much you spend on cars, houses,rent, ins, and the list goes on....

bunk that

Back