Hooking up M-Audio Oxygen 8

UNGER

I just purchased an M-Audio Oxygen 8 Midi Controller Keyboard today..and have a bit of a problem. I don't have a midi interface, I've never needed one before. I used to just hook up a generic keyboard with midi function to my Mac G4 laptop through an M-Audio Misisport Uno and it worked fine...but now I can't figure out how to work this Oxygen. Anyone able to tell me what I need (whether I have the equipment to use it now but I don't know yet or if I need a midi interface)..I'd appreciate it..thanks

Also, if I need to buy an interface, give me some cheap options that work well--it's appreciated as always, thanks!

It's not working for me the way you all are describing it. I hook up the USB out port on the Ox. to my USB in on my laptop..that's all? Just one cord and it's working?.......seems...impossible...

That's exactly how it works. Then get your arse into your sequencer and make sure the MIDI input is enabled ... and you're away.

K well I guess i'm having trouble with the Mac's Audio Midi Setup...I've always had issues with this and all of the instructions I've gone through seem to have something missing, or my audio midi setup program does not correspond correctly to what the manual tells me it should have...anyone able to explain this?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, I know it gets frustrating--

Back