HomeRec Collab! Freudian, Gorty, & Greg - Strutter!

Good shots.

Anybody know where that guitar came from ?
I think (but really don't know) these are currently being made by Washburn but not available to the public.

I found a pic where I could enlarge it and the name on the headstock looks like Washburn.

I've been tryin to find out where you can get one, only thing I found was a Silvertone that I think has been discontinued ?

They have those at the local GC. I'm pretty sure I've seen them there.

Dang, and I was at 2 different GC's this week, probably walked right by them (I was set on the mic department).

I haven't looked in a couple months, but I couldn't find any info at all on them at all initially except for an old pic of one in a Silvertone box.

Thanks Greg_L !

Good shots.

Anybody know where that guitar came from ?
I think (but really don't know) these are currently being made by Washburn but not available to the public.

I found a pic where I could enlarge it and the name on the headstock looks like Washburn.

I've been tryin to find out where you can get one, only thing I found was a Silvertone that I think has been discontinued ?

Looks like its a Washburn PS7000. Heres a link to the Washburn site-
http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/ps/ps7000.aspx

Heres a store selling it-
http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Washburn-PS7000-Guitar

It looks a lot like an early Dean model guitar-without Dean's ugly headstock luckily.....I still think the Iceman looks the best!;)

Bah, Greg has never held me the way I wanted.

FS, is in the dog house after the lava lamp incident of '07, he is still dead to me.

And Gorty is a:

SICKO POOF

Bah, Greg has never held me the way I wanted.

FS, is in the dog house after the lava lamp incident of '07, he is still dead to me.

And Gorty is a:

SICKO POOF

Still on the Lamp I see:( Why don't ya get your self some help and then come back when you're minds right.
All this lashing out and blaming others, can't ya see it's the lamp talking?? :D

I had forgot all about that. LOL...

F.S.

Last edited:
Looks like its a Washburn PS7000. Heres a link to the Washburn site-
http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/ps/ps7000.aspx

Heres a store selling it-
http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Washburn-PS7000-Guitar

It looks a lot like an early Dean model guitar-without Dean's ugly headstock luckily.....I still think the Iceman looks the best!;)

Thanks for finding that info !

I checked Washburns site for about 6months after the first time I saw it and they weren't breathing a word about it then.

They've got it at AMS too, but I have to play it first, I'm not a collector so it has to be functional for me, bad part is it looks like I'm gonna have to go to an out of the way music store to play it ...oh well.

Thanks again for looking into that !

Geez, online collabs are fun...so much anticipation and all that when you hear what someone has added. I've had one go at it...true eurt...where are your backing vocals?? Anyway, this one sounds really good. All the parts are high quality. I can only guess that it was a real satisfying experience/ project.

Thanx for listening and commenting Tr00! After your description of Freudians vocals I was starting to get a twinge thinking of Freudians manliness!.............:eek: :eek:

Hey Fruedian....do you want to come over to my place for a slumber party! :eek: :p :D
You are welkom r00!! I just tell it how my ears interpret the sounds and how that interpretation makes me feel...oh my...I had a lot of twinges when listening to you doods...:D:eek::D
Thanks yall. :)

True, I had the easy parts. The drums and bass are minimal on this song. Gorty and FS made it rock. :)
There are no easy parts Greg...

You kick ass on those drums and the bass ...and I forgot to mention the backup vox..which by the way, they kick ass also....the same as Gorty kicks ass, on the guitars and Freud kicks ass on the vocals...I was impressed with just how WELL you and Gorty covered your own parts...to the point of what I felt, was even better than the original....or I mean the live ones I heard. I haven't gotten to listen to their studio version of the song.(anyone have it?)

I was even more impressed, with the way Freud worked his own take on the vox...beings he has a different toned voice and style from Stanley. I've heard Freud sing, so was not surprized at the "different" sound he had....Although I love that gritty, soulful sound Stanley had on the live version I heard...I also love Freud's sound. Kick mucho asso. For someone to do their "own" take on a vocal cover like that, and have it sound so good...is an accomplishment in my ears.;):D

Once again...I think you did a great job of mixing this too...so KUDOS to all ya guys.

Geez, online collabs are fun...so much anticipation and all that when you hear what someone has added. I've had one go at it...true eurt...where are your backing vocals?? Anyway, this one sounds really good. All the parts are high quality. I can only guess that it was a real satisfying experience/ project.

Thanx Monkey Allen. The fact that people from all over the world can come together and create music is brilliant. This collab was real fun to be involved in. Thanx for your comments! :)

it sounds good! now i know what the fuss is all about!

Thanx for listening and commenting groovy! :)

Back