Here is some stuff I recorded for my friend on a Korg D1600mkII

THis has a near classic power pop/sunshine psych intro & vocal but it's let down by the drum sound. It's as if the drums were recorded from the next room with the door open.
The electric guitar gets lost a little & the chiming should really come from there not the acoustic.
Serioulsy this could be classic BUT...
The guitar solo is too muddied, loud & uninspired - sorry - and the whole show falls down when it's happening.
Have a listen to The Cosmic Rough Riders - esp. stuff from Enjoy the Melodic Sunshine for the near perfect mix for this style.
Seriously, don't waste the excellent elements: get this fixed & repost!

Not sure I linked the whole record, but this guys songs are all over the place, tons of different styles.
I had a blast recording it, and we did some "risky" things.
ie, lots of drums with one mic, loud blown out guitar solos...
these things that may seam lame to some, are the thing that really excited us about these recordings.
Always love to hear peoples opinions though! keep em coming!

Sorry Doug. I only listened to the 1st track.
I'm serious! There is a classic Sunshine Psych song that just needs a litle help coming out.
I applaud your experimentation & envy you the excitement it created in the studio.
The fact remains that those experiments don't really translate in that particular song within the current mix.
It's no problem for me if you aren't interested in working on the song any further but it is a loss for the song.
Retracked drums may be difficult to achieve but garnering suggestions for a remix, if for no other reason than to see what may be achieved with a different perspective, is why folk post on this forum. It is the MP3 Mixing Clinic after all.

Back