Hendrix - Hey Joe question

Nope, just the diatonic ones. Doesn't include pentatonic ones either (based on playing just the black keys) or chromatic (which would just be every note). The Total Shredz melt your facqe off" (you missed the silent Q) scale cannot accurately be portrayed just on a guitar neck as it involves things beyond and above the neck as well as variables such as dive bars and e-bows.

I had no idea. I'm learning so much from you guyz.

I know the...
"doe ray me fa so la tea doe scale"

so, that can be added to the other 3 I listed earlier. Man, I'm more well versed than I thought

doe a deer a female deer....
ray a drop of golden sun...
me a name I call myself....
Fa a long long way to run...

All this music shit is bollocks - time to decimilise it. I'll have H and H# cracked this evening and J and J# tomorrow. Then I can spend Monday working on E# and B#

lol
my grandad learned the "do re mi's" when he was a kid. He came from a musical family. His father, my great grandad, won the champion fiddler of the entire state of Mississippi competition (2 or 3 years in a row). I still have the medal he won for that...it's made of 14 carat gold. Anyway, I have a lot of my grandads song books and they are scored in shaped notes. The lines and staff and everything is the same as traditional musical notation but instead of a round note on the line or space, the note has a shape.
do=a triangle
re=a half circle
mi=a diamond
fa= a rectangle
so=a round music note
la=a diagonally cut half rectangle
ti=a upside down triangle with a rounded top

my grandad could take a shaped not songbook and sing a melody to a song he had never heard before. He would sing it like "do mi ra do ra mi so so la mi ra do ra mi " after he "do ra mi'd" the melody a few times he would sing the words.

Man, the generation that could do that is dying out. If my grandad was still alive he would be 106 years old now.

Back