Hendrix DVDs

GT

I just got Jimi Hendrix live at the Isle of Wight.

Man he kicks ass on this video!!

Mitch Mitchell does a couple of drum solos, double bass and all.

Good selection of songs, all the way up to Cry of Love.

Even the recording quality is good.

I highly recomend this one.

Any other Hendrix videos, anyone can recomend?

GT

"jimi plays Monteray"

the performance of "like a rolling stone" is one of my favorite "Jimi live" moments.

Hendrix

I have all (I think) of the official Hendrix releases. Isle of Wight is great, Jimi Plays Berkeley is great, the complete Woodstock show is great and the Band of Gypsies is great. So far, everything else is pretty much only if your nuts about him (like me). In fact, if it weren't for the cool concert footage the Jimi Hendrix movie would be aweful. They don't even talk to Noel Redding and only 1 quick comment from Mitch (which contradicts what everyone else says). Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Bill L

I've got Monterey, if you like that, your going to love Isle of Wight!! Wight video has much less theatrics, and much more Jimi just getting down, and playing.

I also have the movie Rainbow Bridge. Recorded concert footage quality not so good, done outdoors.

Isle of Wight is a required Hendrix video. You will love it!!

GT

I'm gonna have to get a DVD player then....these sound like I have to have them.

I do have all of the Experience Hendrix vinyl reissues.........the sound is so very much better than the original albums.
And they've released a bunch of other stuff. All of the Band of Gypsies stuff (3 records ) The BBC recordings ( 3 records ) the complate Woodstock concert (3 records ) The Velvet Box set (10 records) The 45 RPM Box set (10 records in a box that looks like his amp complete with scratches and stencils ) South Saturn Delta which was some of (Cry of Love) and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of right now.

if you want to see how drugs can take their toll on someone. Check out Pat Heartley (the leading lady) in the "rainbow bridge" movie...she is a good lookin' woman. Then if you check her out in the "jimi hendrix the motion picture" that Lt Bob mentioned, she is a stoned out junkie with glazed over eyes and dried up drool in the corners of her mouth.

How is the live at woodstock dvd different from the video? Also check out live at albert hall if you can find it, it's pretty smokin along with the Atlanta pop fest show.

Atlanta's on one?!

I have to have that.........I was there....in fact I recorded it on an early cassette recorder.
Where can I find that?

Back