Help!

wilko

Marking my territory
My singer is only in the country for 2 weeks. Tonight we recorded a song and I can only mix it on headphones.

She excelled and I double tracked her voice and had minimal reverb on it as I wanted her vocals to come across very clear. I think it sounds ok, but I only have headphones to mix with... Any advice will ber greatfully received!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/stelvincap

And the song is The Last Dance..

Spot the Kiwi accent!

wilko,
She & you did well.
I'm not sure about the panning of the vocals - it leaves a little bit of a pump in my ears (h/phones) whenwhen the vol/phrase varies. You might need to panthem closer or one up centre & the other stereo split.
Top work nevertheless.
Hope your side of the tasman sea is nice & quiet.

wilko,
She & you did well.
I'm not sure about the panning of the vocals - it leaves a little bit of a pump in my ears (h/phones) whenwhen the vol/phrase varies. You might need to panthem closer or one up centre & the other stereo split.
Top work nevertheless.
Hope your side of the tasman sea is nice & quiet.

Thanks.. I will have another bash tonight!

Yep - it was sunny yesterday but now it is grey and humid!

nicely done Nick :) i like the tune very much. she sings really well and you're playing is nice and shiny too :) i haven't much to say on the mix except it sounds alright to me. :)

Thats a really nice waltz that you have there-I can imagine 2 dancers waltzing across the dance floor as it played. You're vocalist is great on it, about the only nit I could hear is that the guitars are just a bit overly bright tonewise, and really out front in the mix. Maybe a dB or 2 less on the guitars might set it all just about right.

Back