Help Please!

secret2squirrel

Okay, I'm new to recording and I'm having A LOT of trouble figuring out what programs to use. :confused: I have used Sonar 8, FL studio, and a few others. I like to play alot of different things, from metal to acoustical. If anyone has some suggestions please help!

Okay, I'm new to recording and I'm having A LOT of trouble figuring out what programs to use. :confused: I have used Sonar 8, FL studio, and a few others. I like to play alot of different things, from metal to acoustical. If anyone has some suggestions please help!

How can anyone suggest a program for you??? If you're asking which programs are "good", they all are, including the ones you named. What didn't you like about Sonar8, FL Studio, etc....???

Here we go...It's going to turn into a 23 page thread with everyone listing the program they use. :rolleyes:

hey man i really suggest your try acoustica mixcraft...

i had used sonar and fl studio and all that just like you are now and then i found mixcraft and i dont plan on going back to any other DAW platform.... until im forced to learn protools at college that is :(

just give it a shot.

Why are you confused?

What problems are you experiencing with the programs you've got?

What are they not doing that you want them to do?

I wasn't having any problems at all with them. Well Sonar at least, Fruity Loops was just kinda weird. Sonar was WAY to professional for me, it literally took me 1 hour to record something. Hahaha And I guess my machine was to slow to run a drum VSTi in it while recording. It would freeze up after playing a 2 min. loop. I'm really enjoying Reaper right now though. I haven't had any problems with it.

I'd suggest paying for one...

Once you've invested a bit of cash you'll soon learn how to use them to their full extent and how to utilise what each has to offer....

They pretty much all do the same..

Back