Help me make the best with what I've got.

ncmail

The Banana Man
Ok, Im young and dumb and have excepted that and so I am seeking knolege. I have learened A LOT on here already but you can't pick up on everything all at once. Attatched is a rough lay out of my recording/mixing space. I want to do some acoustic treatment, I have been told that I need bass traps and broadband pannels? Im kinda stuck with the spot I'm in now so I gotta make the best out of what I have. Any help would be great, thank you guys in advance! :drunk:

Attachments

• bills studio lay out.jpg
    bills studio lay out.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 58
Since you cant read it in the pic really well.

The floor is concrete with hard dence carpet ran on it (no padding or anything)
Open cealing
3 cinder block walls
1 wooden wall with carpet hung on it (used to seperate from the rest of the basement)

Bill,

Move your mix setup to the opposite end of the room, center it on the 10' wall & back it away from that wall about 4'. (Please understand that unless you change the room dimensions any position will be a compromise.)

You can download my First Reflection Calculator here. This will help you with absorption panel placement on the side walls and ceiling. There are other pubs there that you may find useful.

build as many bass traps as you can afford and place them in the corners. You have 12 corners in a rectangular room.

There are some excellent articles on treating your room at the GIK site and Realtraps site.

Cheers,
John

Back