Help Choosing a mic!

AT2035 - What you get for the price is unbelievable..

I have the AT2020 and it only cost me £90 and it probably has the same quality as any mic 2x the price.

The behringer looks pretty nice too.. but, usually when it comes to mics around this price, AT's are the best option.

Another mic you should look in to is a Rode NT1A - http://www.amazon.com/Rode-NT1A-Ann...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1329035077&sr=1-2

..I tried one of that mic out in a shop and damn.. it sounded good. If it was me.. it would be out of the AT2035 or Rode NT1A. Also.. have you looked at the AT2020 ?? Great mic!! and great price!!

:D

I have the b2 pro and although its a lot of mic for the money (multi pattern and pad too). I use it all the time and it's very versatile.
If i had the money at the time i would have gone for the AT2035 the specs are right up there (single cardiod pattern + pad) despite being almost twice the price of the b2pro.
It (AT2035) looks like a great mic on paper. I have never tried it i must add.
Plus it's made in leeds england and i have an old AT dynamic thats as good as any shure sm58.
The back up service from AT is great too.
Not to say the other suggestions wouldnt suit your needs just as well.
MXL's are much harder to come by here but at 100$ usd its a great mic and worth paying customs the extra £20 vat to ship it over.
The nt1a gets mixed reviews on the net, some say the highs are much too hyped for thier needs. I suppose it would depend on the singer and styles your recording.
good luck choosing mate

I just picked up a MXL V88. Very nice for vocals. Google for it because most places have it for $199, there are two places selling it for $113 (which is what I paid for it). Another possibility would by a CAD M179. Again, I've seen it online for $139.

No really it's a very good microphone.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Capt Hair again.

microphone choice unauditioned is always a gamble.
any of these may suit your needs but as i say that would depend on what style and the vocalist your recording. Some mics sound wonderful on female vocals but the same mic will sound distinctly worse on a male vocalist. Are you rapper/ country/ rock/ screamo ?
look at the online reviews and you tube videos. they're not always realiable just go with your gut feelings

seriously theres some great reccomendations here for you mate beside what you already chose do a little more research and think some more but do let us know what you go with in the end

i gotta get one of these it's such fun, who needs a studio get this and hey im snoopy doggy doooooog lol. that's class

Back