Headphone/Speaker issue

Vinzr

Is it possible to get sound coming out of your speakers in Pro Tools or would sound only come from headphones connected to your interface?

I go to the Hardware thing but my audio interface is the only option...

If you have speakers hooked up you should get sound out of them. Make sure that your playback engine is set correctly, your speakers are properly connected and powered up, and that you have nothing muted.

MY speakers are working perfectly fine when playing music of iTunes... i even have it as my default device but when I open Pro Tools and open up a track i can't hear anything. I go to hardware and the playback device is "Fast Track" which is my audio interface... but there's no drop down menu it's just text so i cannot choose. Or am i going to the wrong option menu?

Are your monitors (speakers) hooked up to your PC, or to your interface? Something needs to be re-routed. You might need to connect the stereo output section of your hardware to the input of the monitors, or you need to make sure your PC(or Mac) soundcard recognizes your hardware output.

You'd normally connect your speakers to the interface, not the computer. The whole reason you got the interface, instead of relying on what's built into the computer, is that the interface does a better job, right?

Only probably is my speakers plug fits is for the computer so it doesn't fit into the output slot my interface...

Adapters....

If you are using a PC, go to your Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio. See what your settings are, and see if you can change those settings to detect your hardware. If you're using computer speakers as monitors, they might not work when connected directly to your interface--even if you use adapters.

Last edited:
Okay... I tried but i dont see what im trying to do to the settings..

But my main quesiton is... Is it possible to get sound through your computer speakers (thats plugged in to your computer) on to Pro Tools?

Okay... I tried but i dont see what im trying to do to the settings..

But my main quesiton is... Is it possible to get sound through your computer speakers (thats plugged in to your computer) on to Pro Tools?

As far as I know that is only possible when you are running pro tools 9. Other than that you should just buy a 1/8 to 1/4 converter and plug the speakers into the interface.

I plug my computer speakers into the headphone jack of my M-box Mini. PT8 will not play through the computer speakers as far as I know.

Back