Hd error 178 Masterlink

Credendo Vides

Hi,
I am new on forum, please can somebody tell
me when i have try to burm a cdrw on masterlink
in cd 24 mode i have receive after 10 minutes of burning
failure..?
I have try to restart the Masterlink and now i have this message hdcd to reset hd error 178.. :eek:

Please can somebody help me out of this ..?

Thanks a lot

Be the sound with you....
:cool:

You could try to update the operating system to the latest version which is 2.19 you will also have to reformat the hard drive at that time so i would try and do a playlist backup before.
The updates and instructions can be found here:
http://www.alesis.com/downloads/software/ml9600/index.html

If the unit has been "on" for a long period of time before you tried to burn the disc i would also shut it down for a couple of hours and let it cool a bit.
I have had recent problems and i think the masterlink is prone to overheating when left on too long.

Another thing is the start and end points of songs can cause problems with cd burning giving you errors. Do a search here on that subject.
I hope the info. I provided is helpful.

Thanks for reply,
But unfornately for me i have done what you say,
but after 4 hours of shutdown after powered up
still same message, can upgrade software because
unit would start ...
Maybe it's a Real Fatal Error!!!! :confused:

Thanks for help

I think perhaps it is time to e-mail or call alesis. They should know what the problem is by the error code.
I hope it's not fatal...

Credendo Vides said:
Hi,
I am new on forum, please can somebody tell
me when i have try to burm a cdrw on masterlink
in cd 24 mode i have receive after 10 minutes of burning
failure..?
I have try to restart the Masterlink and now i have this message hdcd to reset hd error 178.. :eek:

Please can somebody help me out of this ..?

Thanks a lot

Be the sound with you....
:cool:

I think the problem is that you are trying to burn a CDRW. I have never been able to get them to work properly. Try using a CD-R and see if it fixes the problem.

I'm new here and recently got an Alesis 9600 used and the hard drive crapped immediately.....I've read a bit and seems like I can use a 40 gig Seagate.........all the info is several years old though and wonder is anyone has a recommendation for a contemporary hard disk and what some of the pitfalls may be etc....thanks!

Back