Have a listen if you want to .......

witm8

Hi all,

I've been working on a song for the past couple of months, it's been at about 80% complete for ages now, and I finally got around to quickly mixing and mastering it last night so that I can move forward. Would be great to get some feedback - positive and negative as it's always good to learn.

Many thanks

I listened to it all. I thought it was good, and could imagine a band performing it.
The wooshing sound, about 1/3 of the way through, seemed to be drowning the voice a bit.

Quite nice! Excellent vocals and the vibe really fits the song. I didn't mind the wooshing sound at all. It reminded me a bit of the way 10CC did the vocals on "I'm Not In Love" in their little interlude around half way through that song.

I listened to it all. I thought it was good, and could imagine a band performing it.
The wooshing sound, about 1/3 of the way through, seemed to be drowning the voice a bit.
Yeah, I totally agree with that. If I ever thought that I was going to make anything of my music I'd probably go back to change it - but shssssssh, I can't really be bothered to do it at the moment. I'll definitely try and concentrate more on sounds drowning my voice in the next song, try and look into some automation techniques. Thanks for the listen tho, I really appreciate it

Quite nice! Excellent vocals and the vibe really fits the song. I didn't mind the wooshing sound at all. It reminded me a bit of the way 10CC did the vocals on "I'm Not In Love" in their little interlude around half way through that song.
Thanks. It's been something that I've been playing around with for a while - basically just watching a load of youtube videos and trying various techniques. I was trying to 'keep the listener engaged by changing things up/down regularly' which is why there is quite a lot of 'ear candy' on it - I've never used it before, so I may have gotten a little carried away. Thanks for the listen and feedback.

Hi one,

Nice song, well played and well sung (y).

I think you did get carried away with the ear candy and I'd like to hear a stripped out version which I think might be nice.

There is however one thing which I think I'd change and thats the hi-hat. Too bright, too loud, too monotonous, it's distracting and it sounds like an afterthought in the arrangement.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've been working on a song for the past couple of months, it's been at about 80% complete for ages now, and I finally got around to quickly mixing and mastering it last night so that I can move forward. Would be great to get some feedback - positive and negative as it's always good to learn.

You have a good song - the sounds of various things are out of balance - I would bring the vocals more into focus - some of the sounds like the Crackling record sound are distracting from the point of the song - but if you don't want to remix it.....

Back