Happy - A spectrum Original

Hi!

The idea of a reverb in the whole mix (is this in the mastered version?) is not bad, but all seems is a bit "over", and the guitars are (IMO) harsh in the mastered version.

Some things that I think you could improve in the dry version , before try a new "master":up a bit the bass guitar and give some gain to the snare

Good song!

Ciro

Last edited:
great, thanks for the Listen Ciro. my mixing enviroment always tends to make me mix bass heavy, so it is down low. possibly too much though. i'll adjust the reverb and look at the other things that you mentioned as well! thanks again!
JasonBird

Hey, Jason, I passed the day mixing and listening "Bass heavy" songs, using a
Marcus Miller (bass player) as reference; then, my ears are calling for the bass guitar..at least today:D

Ciro

This is a cool song, Jason. ;)
I prefer the mastered version, it sounds roomier. I find the acoustics a bit too thinny, they lack a bit of beef IMO. They have a good dose of high mids but very little down below. Cool!

Joe :):)

The mastered one sounds better.

The dry one is muffled or seems muffled. The vox are understanble but seem hidden. The crashes also seem to have less attack for some reason. The snare also seemed less snare like.

The mastered one has pretty cool vox sound. Easy to understand and bright and fresh. The crashes and the hats are all nice but some sound a little harsh. Some hats during the verse seem loud.

Overall the mastered with slightly mid boosted guitars might be something I'd recommend. Of course, that's just all my opinion. :)

Back