Hanging diy bass traps

ste20man

Hi.

I've just built several bass traps following this standard build type:

http://www.basstraps.net/DIY-BASS-TRAPS-MADE-EASY.pdf

The builds have gone well but I need to find something suitable to hang them with. I have bought hooks and raw plugs that will go into the wall buy do not know what to buy to use as a string betweent the wall and the panels. I have tried 'string in a ball' but that doesn't have the strength and snaps very easily.

What do you guys use?

I'd appreciate your help, cheers, Ste. :)

To hang mine I used some decorative chain I picked up from the hardware store. There is all sorts of styles and a few colours, so that may work for you.

I use pegboard. I have a large sheet cut into 1inch width strips then break/cut them accordingly. I glue it to the "foam." They work fantastic and allow you to hang any way you choose.

I started with picture wire and hooks and crap - then I realized that was a bunch of crap and a waste of time - I bought a cheap roll of plastic coated wire (16 guage?) and used my staple gun to attach the wire across the back of the frame. Hangs on a drywall screw or a picture hook.

At first I was using picture wire but it has a tendency to break, as opposed to insulated wire, which is cheaper and more flexible

panel2.jpg

Back