H/R.com band lives on (ref. Dragon cave)

I'd like to see this get going, but I don't know where to begin. Cover song, original song? Does anyone have any ideas that they want to put up to see if we can work it?

I have little bits and pieces of songs, I could try and put something together?

I'm sure other people do as well.. DrStawl, Nilbog.. anybody?

Folks,

I'm fascinated with this. I'd like in if there's room. If not, I'll go away and kick a can around. As far as turn-around time, I think I'm pretty quick...

Reggae version of Skynard's "Free Bird"?

Rock version of Dean Martin's "That's Amore'"?

Rock or Reggae version of the theme from "Cheers"?

Rock or Raggae version of the theme from "Mr. Belvedere"?

Remake of that song "Cars"? That's a cool song by itself though. "Here in my car..."

Hard Rock version or Raggae version of the "Welcome Back Kotter" theme?

Funk-Rock version of that song "Do it Till you're Satisfied"? Who did that? Temptations? Ojays? "Come on and do it, do it, do it till you're satisfied - whatever it is..."

Oooh... Current-day remake of that song "Hair" from the musical "Hair"... That is a funky song.

The theme from "Fat Albert" is quite funky too.

Reggae version of HeatWave's song, "Always and Forever"?

I dunno... just throwing out weird stuff that most likely hasn't been done before. Don't think I'm crazy.... cuz, well, I am.

Cars is a good song! I like Gary Numan.

Maybe a version without any synths? Maybe go for a bit more of a rock-type thang? Sped up?

A test for the arrangers amongst us... a synth-pop song with no synths...

matt

Furphuxache, somebody teach me how and where to upload an mp3. Easy-to-understand steps for the slow at heart, please. Someone's gotta put this thread out of its misery.

This thread needs it's own forum just so we can get away from the 2 pagers. :D

So, we doing "Cars" or what? I've had that song stuck in my head the last 2 days since it was suggested, it's driving me insane.

[This message has been edited by Jon X (edited 05-20-2000).]

I dunno if Tucci is still doin' vocals, but if he doesn't, I'd like to fill in. I'm completely intrigued with this and I must be part of it, I must...

... well actually I already have been... I suggested "Cars" :)

You know what Teddie? I have never even heard the song "cars" so I think I will pass the baton to you and let you run with it. I'm currently slammed with work, school and life right now anyway so go for it man.

I look forward to hearing the end result.

Tucci

I've been away. but I'm back, and I'm down with everything that has been decided.
Current lineup:
Emeric - Guitar
JonX - Drums
Teddi - Vocals
Me - Bass
last but not least, DrStawl
Did I forget anyone?

Hey doc, how would YOU like us to arange it? Some ideas have been passed around, but since you are going to be putting it together, maybe you should decide. Click track? what would work best for you?
and Teddi, I'll email you with the upload location and password.
-Nilbog

Ok, I d/l'd the song. How are we going to approach the uploads? After listening to it, this is the way I'm thinking of doing the guitars. Also, don't think the song needs to be changed much, just re-doing this style.. I think it will change itself.

Anyway.

- Double tracked hook line - moderatly distorted.

- Double tracked synth type effect on guitar

- Double tracked Acoustic (maybe)

- Lead's

So between 5 and 7 tracks. I can have a click at the start of each track, and Doc can sync them up and have control over them. Or I can I can do a stereo mix.

With 7 tracks at 192K, looking at around 28MB's to upload. Not a big deal.

Am I going overboard with 7 tracks, or did you have more in mind one or two?

Emeric

I'm really excited about this. What does everyone's turnaround time look like? Everyone have time to do this? I'm ready!

I don't think we'll have any trouble unless the track count goes past 35..... :)
Bring it on.
I'll check Nilbog's I-drive daily.

Teddy,

Turnaround time. It hinges(sp?) on me unfortunately, getting the first tracks down.

But then again, maybe it does'nt. Nothing stopping JonX from putting all the drums down first and then me adding guitars or whatever.

But I suppose we should pick an order.

For now, I'll be first and put down guitars. If anything changes let me know.

I could upload in stages, as long it's the main rhythm parts. And then upload leads whenever I get them done, can also revise things as we go... I may upload something, and then down the road everyone decides the rhythm sucks, I could then re-do it.

Slow motion jamming.

I worked for about an hour on it tonight. The tough thing is knowing what everyone else wants to hear. (tough.. more like impossible.) I being very conservative with effects processing.. I'll leave that up to Drstawl.

Should be a fun project for sure.

No on second thought, we do want to get this done this century. I'll do all the guitars in one part.

Turnaround time. Man I don't know. I'll try my best to get it done in 1 - 3 weeks. This ok?

What I can do though, is once I get the tracks done, I can upload it as a stereo mp3 that everyone else can d/l to work/add their parts. This will save a bit of time, while Dr. is matching up files.

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 05-25-2000).]

Whatever sounds good to you from a rythm perspective, Emeric. You might want to try getting something similar to a scratch track done. Like a single track of rythm guitar that encompasses the gist of the song from beginning to end. That way I can work on the drum part based on that. Just a thought. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. I still have a slow connection at the moment so uploading and downloading might take up more time than actually recording for me. ;)

Anybody know where I can get an MP3 of the original song? I did a search last week and came up emtpy. Still got a few places I can check, but nothing so far. Would be nice to have even though I want our version to be different.

hey jon if your around.. go to the chat, in there for a bit.

download napster
www.napster.com

do a search for "cars"

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 05-25-2000).]

THIS I gotta see! My $0.02: couldn't someone make a "skeleton" of the arrangement (even cheesy MIDI), and then everyone could work on their parts at the same time?

Just dyin' do hear what y'all come up with ;).

Back