H/R.com band lives on (ref. Dragon cave)

Well, since we never really got started on this one, maybe we should throw around some other songs.. any ideas?

Maybe:

A Led Zeppelin song
A Beatles song (all have been done)
An Alice Cooper song
A Deep Purple song
A Steely Dan song
A Britney Spears song

Any other ideas?

I'd rather have a pre-mixed stereo drum track in 192 Kbps .mp3 format, but if you want to risk having the drums mixed by a guitarist, then you can upload more parts with instructions at to how you want it balanced.
But with a 33.6 modem- I'd stick to one stereo track! :)

A stereo MP3 for the drums I can do, and it makes it easier on my tired modem anyway. :cool: I have heard rumors around the neighborhood about a new fiber service similar to copper wire DSL (uses ATM for the most part), but I won't believe it until I'm downloading.

For a new song, how about we pull a riff from a song somebody likes, then try to combine it with another song. I'll rip a beat from another song adding to it. Tucci could bust out some lyrics that don't make sense and say them so no one can really understand it all, just throw in a catch phrase now and then... get a hot chick to sing on the chorus parts, and we... wait a minute, that's how lots of pop songs are made lately. My mistake. :)

[This message has been edited by Jon X (edited 05-07-2000).]

That would certainly be different, and probably fun to do. Only bad thing I can see is that I actually have to listen closely to the 'New 98Degree N'Sync Boys on the Backstreet Block' version of that song from beginning to end. Of course, if Emeric wants to decide tempo and where the breaks are and record the rythm guitar part first, that gets me off the hook for the most part.

nevermind

<this message was dumb, and was deleted by God 5/8/00>

[This message has been edited by Nilbog (edited 05-09-2000).]

Maybe I am the only one who thinks so but man, that was funny Nilbog!

And I think we should do an original song-so much more fun.

Tucci

Have you given up already?

C'mon! Make it happen!

If you're desperate for a song idea, how about a lounge version of "Anarchy in the UK"?

Have fun!

matt

I for one don't feel this lengthy exchange has been wasted time or space since it points out just how precious and scarce the commodity of a good collaboration is.
So many obstacles, so little time.
The flipside is: when it clicks it's easy enough to make you wonder why it doesn't happen more frequently.
Emeric: Way back when- I think you kicked down that drum track for me less than 24 hours after I posted the guitar track. Sure- that was stuff much simpler than a "full" arrangement, but that turnaround does accent the possibilities at our fingertips.

Nothing has been done so far, so it's pretty wide open :)

I'm mainly a guitar player, so that's pretty much what I can do. But not saying their can't be more than one.

JonX is on drums

Nilbog is on bass

I think Tucci is on Vocals

Drstawl is looking after organization of the tracks, mixing etc.

hmmm. sounds like a full boat to me.

I could do a second guitar part if you guys want to pan LR and maybe backup vox?

I'd like to see this get going, but I don't know where to begin. Cover song, original song? Does anyone have any ideas that they want to put up to see if we can work it?

I have little bits and pieces of songs, I could try and put something together?

I'm sure other people do as well.. DrStawl, Nilbog.. anybody?

Back