Guitars, etc made here!

You get what you pay for... unless you buy a Carvin. I am a fan of Carvin. The guitars are good, although, I can't say I really like the finishes they offer. What I really like are their amps. The V3 is the best-sounding amp deisigned to handle a wide range of tones on the market today. :D

My live rig (mains, subs and monitors) is all Carvin. I absolutely love it. And I've got my first Carvin amp (a Legacy--though I liked the V3 as well) being delivered by UPS tomorrow.

You get what you pay for... unless you buy a Carvin. I am a fan of Carvin. The guitars are good, although, I can't say I really like the finishes they offer. What I really like are their amps. The V3 is the best-sounding amp deisigned to handle a wide range of tones on the market today. :D

My live rig (mains, subs and monitors) is all Carvin. I absolutely love it. And I've got my first Carvin amp (a Legacy--though I liked the V3 as well) being delivered by UPS tomorrow.
i've never had/used any of their gear. back in the '70s and '80s i used to get their catalogues and drooled over most of their stuff but never got any. always had fender, gibson, peavey, etc.

i used to always want one of their larger reinforcement setups. but now that i'm no longer a player, maybe in the next life...:D

I've got a Carvin DC400 custom that I just love to play. I've got a few guitars but this is the one I grab first.
About 2 years after I got it, a pickup took a shit and they were great. They asked if I wanted to do it myself or send it in. Since I didn't want to UPS it, they just sent me a new pickup and a switch just in case it wasn't the pup.

Very good company to work with in my experience. My next purchase thru them will be the LB70A 4 string bass. Very nice. ;)

I've only played a couple Carvin sevens. A couple have been nice enough but a little, well, "sterile" sounding and feeling, and then one or two were pretty drool-worthy. They're probably worth the money, and certainly stack up well against most true production guitars, but they're rarely magical.

EDIT - and rereading this, let me be clear that I'm not knocking their gear, at ALL. Even the less inspiring ones I've played have been at least on par with similarly priced "production" guitars, and the ability to order customized specs is huge. I've flirted with the idea of ordering a Carvin 7 for some time, and probably would have by now just for the hell of it if I happened to have the extra cash floating around. It's just, at the end of the day, they're still basically a production shop, and they don't compare to some of the true customs I've played.

Last edited:
I love Carvin. Does anybody have any experience with their acoustics? The prices are phenomenal.

if yer a 'guitarer', when you play it, are you 'guitaring'?:D

just wondering.

used to have a friend who was a librarian. i used to ask him 'are you 'librarying'.

well, ya had to be there, i guess.:o

oh, to be ot. nope. no 'sperience with their acoustics.

if yer a 'guitarer', when you play it, are you 'guitaring'?:D

just wondering.

used to have a friend who was a librarian. i used to ask him 'are you 'librarying'.

well, ya had to be there, i guess.:o

oh, to be ot. nope. no 'sperience with their acoustics.

Ha, yes, I suppose I am. My mom's an english teacher so I pride myself on intentional bad grammer.

And yes, I spelled grammar wrong all purposeful like.

I think their studiomate mixer is a very well priced versatile unit, particularly with built in power amps to drive passive monitors. For the price range-very nice. I've used it a little. The pres are nothing special, but they don't suck either. It's a solid digital board. I haven't heard its converters, so I have no clue. We used it as a live board, and it sounded like a Mackie. Draw whatever conclusion from that you want to. It was solidly built, and didn't break. That means I liked it. I think Carvin is an interesting company. I'd like to know who the lead guitarist on most of that film is. Yeah, some of it was formula (Disneyish, if you will), nonetheless, he's got some pretty good chops.-Richie

Back