Guitar Tremolo bridge Need Help

ReedTheRed

Basically I'm rebuilding a guitar for a friend. It was some Charlotte by Charvel modeled after a strat. The Body was in great condition but the neck and The Floyd Rose system were destroyed on the guitar. So i ordered a fender replacement neck for like 50$ and it fit great and looked great. But i have a big problem. I went to order a Modern style 2 point tremolo bridge (the kind that "float" on two mounting studs) cause i assumed it would fit, but luckily before i ordered it I measured the width of the mounting screws and non-floyd rose trems are much more narrow and the screws do not align. To try and remount the studs would be impossible because the hole would be to large and the screws wouldn't stick in the wood so I have some decisions and i need help.

My options are this:
1.) Buy a Vintage style tremolo bridge with 6 mounting screws and mount the 4 screws that do not land on the old holes.
2.) Buy a Modern style tremolo bridge that fits a Floyd rose tremolo mounting.

With option 2 (the one i want to do) It is near impossible to find bridges that fit this configuration adn the only one was Schaller and was 100$, I didnt wanna even pay 40 for a new bridge

Please help thanks

Back