Great headphone songs!

Where'd everybody get off to?

Younger days, as a lad, I liked this one on headphones. A bit spooky-doo, situational awareness the occasional glance over the shoulder, not altogether uncommon wearing cans.

I had a quad set up back in the day. Used to set the pillow up on the floor and put the four speakers around my head. Beat headphones every time.
If you really want to know who your friends are do as follows. Call them at two A.M. Wednesday morning. Tell them you have been arrested for a crime you didn't commit and you are broke and need help being bailed out, can they please come and help. Tell them you are counting on them and you have nowhere else to turn.

Let's get back on track here...
This song is an 18 minute masterpiece and this remastered version is phenomenal.
Trust me on this...

What would be a radical idea for a thread is songs that don't sound good on headphones !
Double post part 2:

A lot of the 60's stuff that they tried to change from mono to "fake stereo" was pretty brutal.

I think Capitol butchered a couple of Beatles albums, in more ways than one....In fact, I think that's what the "Butcher" cover was kind of about, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Right!
That got the report button working overtime. The result is a total mess of posts 90% OK, but with a few oneliners that caused loads of responses that generated others and went around in a circle.

Many people made perfectly fine posts, but quoted the dodgier posts that I have zapped - so I decided to just remove the snappy answers and the comments that generated it. It also means a few fine posts had to go to because they were talking about stuff gone.

So - I think it's tidy now and all the comments playing ping-pong have gone. Apologies if any of your posts got caught up in the cull. Can we kick off again, and see how it goes. Sorry if anything mega important got lost! It doesn't flow that well - but it's the best I can do.

Right!
That got the report button working overtime. The result is a total mess of posts 90% OK, but with a few oneliners that caused loads of responses that generated others and went around in a circle.

Many people made perfectly fine posts, but quoted the dodgier posts that I have zapped - so I decided to just remove the snappy answers and the comments that generated it. It also means a few fine posts had to go to because they were talking about stuff gone.

So - I think it's tidy now and all the comments playing ping-pong have gone. Apologies if any of your posts got caught up in the cull. Can we kick off again, and see how it goes. Sorry if anything mega important got lost! It doesn't flow that well - but it's the best I can do.
Man this job has to suck. Thanks for doing it.

I always thought Dark Side of the Moon was a true mind-blower. The album as a piece of music. I am actually not interested in listening to it again on cans. Once on acid did it for me.

Right!

You do a great, thankless job.

It's a shame you had to remove any posts, all because of one out of control, bitter lunatic. I would have liked them all to stay up as a reminder of how one person can go completely un-hinged and un-glued for no reason at all. The only person who said he hopes the mods remove posts is the one person who completely embarrassed themselves....as usual. It's a shame their childishness actually managed to censor the rest of us who were completely civilized and having a good time carrying on a harmless joke. I guess the crazy, senile, un-hinged wheel really does get the grease. :D

Oh well, I'm sure he's due for another meltdown soon enough. Maybe we can leave the posts up next time. :)

Last edited:
The result is a total mess of posts 90% OK, but with a few oneliners that caused loads of responses that generated others and went around in a circle.

So - I think it's tidy now and all the comments playing ping-pong have gone. Apologies if any of your posts got caught up in the cull
I nearly always find this kind of thing really demeaning. We're not 10-year-olds and I think it's time we grew up. Sometimes, adults get snippy with each other. We do it in private, we do it in public. Sometimes the insults get heavy but they should stay. Let onlookers see the evolution of a thread, how people may have got heated, then calmed down again. Often there are apologies or self-editing and furthermore, one can chart the evolution of fall-outs, or developing relationships and the miles they travelled.
The way forum culling/editing takes place merely confirms my long held observation that human beings love to both exaggerate and revise history.

Back