Great headphone songs!

These guys have been at it for along time. This was from the middle 70's? (I know I could look it up)

This is my ultimate headphone song. This album side sat on my turntable many nights during my high school and college days.

It's a great idea for a thread, but......
To me, every song is a great headphone song. Although I've listened to zillions of songs from speakers since 1977, since '81, I've listened so much on headphones/earbuds that I'd have to say that possibly, the headphone/EB variety might actually comprise the majority. I've learned way more about mixing by general listening on headphones than I ever could have done on just speakers.

and....because, just because. Shame, maybe. Headphones.

"Foot on the ladder, toe in the pool, you're just a natural you don't need no acting school". Good lyric.

Bob Dylan's, Man in the Long Black Coat is a rather simplistic arrangement surrounded by a lush sonic landscape.

Even more simplistic is Baba Blues, Saint James Infirmary. Again, sparse arrangement but one that isn't lacking in sonic detail. This song, much like the joke asking, "How many blues bands does it take to cover Mustang Sally? Apparently all of them." This for me is the definitive version of this standard.

Of course. Has there ever been any doubt?
What can I tell ya? I like MM's voice and songwriting. You and Mick don't? Fair enough. Leave it at that.
I also like J.D. Souther's harmonizing skills and songwriting.
Opinions are like as........

The Doobies?

Tom Johnston was stressed out by the road, was causing health problems. Stomach ulcers and whatnot. Nothing to play with, could get serious. Skunk Baxter who was in the original Steely Dan band was in The Doobies. Skunk Baxter having spent time in the studio with Steely Dan suggested Michael McDonald for a spot in the Doobies. Big change, yeah, but Simmons could not have carried the Doobies as front man lead vocalist. If you're going to keep the band together, big change yeah, but you gotta go big. Michael McDonald was the answer. Hell, they probably sold more records after he joined, and saved the group. Yes, MM saved The Doobie Brothers. At some point, though arguably a nostalgia act, Johnston returned. He returned to The Doobie Brothers, continuity courteous of MM.

So there you have it.

The Doobies?

Tom Johnston was stressed out by the road, was causing health problems. Stomach ulcers and whatnot. Nothing to play with, could get serious. Skunk Baxter who was in the original Steely Dan band was in The Doobies. Skunk Baxter having spent time in the studio with Steely Dan suggested Michael McDonald for a spot in the Doobies. Big change, yeah, but Simmons could not have carried the Doobies as front man lead vocalist. If you're going to keep the band together, big change yeah, but you gotta go big. Michael McDonald was the answer. Hell, they probably sold more records after he joined, and saved the group. Yes, MM saved The Doobie Brothers. At some point, though arguably a nostalgia act, Johnston returned. He returned to The Doobie Brothers, continuity courteous of MM.

So there you have it.
My humor tends to fall pretty flat around here. Don't really know where all this tension is coming from. Way too serious for a discussion about music suitable for cans.

Anyway, all this MM talk has me thinking about Hollywood Steve. He currently has a podcast called Yacht or Nyacht. He did a series of parody videos that pokes more than a bit of good natured fun. Oh, and I'm not dead yet.

My humor tends to fall pretty flat around here. Don't really know where all this tension is coming from. Way too serious for a discussion about music suitable for cans.

Anyway, all this MM talk has me thinking about Hollywood Steve. He currently has a podcast called Yacht or Nyacht. He did a series of parody videos that pokes more than a bit of good natured fun. Oh, and I'm not dead yet.

Oh yeah, Yacht Rock has been a fluidly defined term for some time. Somehow a lot of the music I like is classified as Yacht Rock, and while people with yachts may like it, the folks I know who tune in to Yacht Rock Radio (SiriusXM) are farmers and definitely never owned a yacht. 8-)

Back