Got my new drums last night!

VOXVENDOR

Don't wanna gig with my beautiful Pearl Session Customs, so I decided I was going to get a "cool" kit for gigging..

Welcome to 1978!

Vistalite2

Vistalite1

The don't sound bad at all.. I thought they were going to be totally YUCK!.... (I basically bought them cause they look cool :rolleyes: ).... It's a bonus that they sound great... I read so many reviews, of them where people say thay sound plasticky and shitty with bad overtones.... Maybe I just got lucky with my tuning but they were totally good at last nights band practice..

Joe

NICE........are those actual 'vintage' or the new reissue? glad to hear you got them sounding good...I've only been exposed to vistalites once - my junior high had a set for the concer/jazz band (interesting choice, right?) and they always sounded ok - but really loud.

pratt said:
NICE........are those actual 'vintage' or the new reissue

F*ck No!.. How dare you ask that... They're the real thing... 1978. :D:cool:

Hehe

I actually don't find them that loud, although I'm using heads that have very good control...

Joe

VOXVENDOR said:
I actually don't find them that loud, although I'm using heads that have very good control...

could have had something to do with the kit (in my junior high) being either in a.) the audiotorium or b.) the band room (that had linoleum floors and very little 'dampening' material (other than the band director's hair piece):D

rushfan33 said:
VOXV, I could've swore you were a guitar player! :confused: Are drums your "first" instrument?

John

Yup... In my band i'm the drummer.... I dabble in guitar and other things too..

Honestly, I don't ever recall seeing anything about the drums sounding particularly bad, just "different".

I know with the newer ones, there are some players that will ONLY play them for the way they sound.

Jblount said:
Hey vox, I use a couch pillow in my kick drum too. Only mine has a lighthouse on it.

It was the closest thing... LOL

I want to find a black couch pillow to match the black dots on the heads.. :D

pratt said:
could have had something to do with the kit (in my junior high) being either in a.) the audiotorium or b.) the band room (that had linoleum floors and very little 'dampening' material (other than the band director's hair piece):D

That's crazy! My junior high in Boulder Colorado had a 5 pc. clear set of Vistalites! I always thought they sounded cool, and look like the set you'd see someone playing in Superman's hood.

coloradojay said:
That's crazy! My junior high in Boulder Colorado had a 5 pc. clear set of Vistalites! I always thought they sounded cool, and look like the set you'd see someone playing in Superman's hood.

When I was in highschool, we had the same kit! I believe it was also a 5 piece. Boy did that thing get beat to hell and back.

theshaggyfreak said:
When I was in highschool, we had the same kit! I believe it was also a 5 piece. Boy did that thing get beat to hell and back.

maybe ludwig had some sort of deal with academic music programs back in the day...!

kinda makes sense since ludwig produces alot of marching band stuff.....

nice voxvendor! now you guys just gotta learn a bunch of 80's songs and grow some mullets.

good choice leaving the maple at home though.

what did you pay for that kit?

Looks like the Movies are:

Free Disney Vacation Planning Guide

Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Go

Deep Blue Sea

Gossip

Down to Earth

Ten Things I hate about you

There's Something About Mary?

Primal Fear?

:)

Nice drums, while I'm at it.

-Chris

Cool Vistallites! I've got a kit too, although mine is just clear, no color. They definatly look cool, but I'm having all sorts of trouble getting them to sound good on recordings. Oh well, I've got my monster all maple kit on the way within the next 2 months!

Back