Ghost 24/8 and 32/8 Prices

MX3282

This just in...

Prices for the Ghost 24/8 and 32/8 with Meter bridge and dust covers at Music Stop in Nova Scotia Canada.

24/8 w/meter bridege and dust cover: $7999.00

32/8 w/meter bridge and dust cover $8909.00

Whats the prices for them in Maine? I might go there instead.

I don't know, buy maybe this will help

Current US dealer cost -

Ghost 24 Channel $4728.50 - $4539.00 w/ dealer prompt pay discount
Ghost 32 Channel $5602.00 - $5378.00 w/ dealer prompt pay discount
dust cover cost is around $35.00 for both

Dealers get 10% off the prices if they pay before 30 days called "Prompt Pay".

Don't tell anyone I gave you this info :)

MX3282 said:
This just in...

Prices for the Ghost 24/8 and 32/8 with Meter bridge and dust covers at Music Stop in Nova Scotia Canada.

24/8 w/meter bridege and dust cover: $7999.00

32/8 w/meter bridge and dust cover $8909.00

Whats the prices for them in Maine? I might go there instead.

I also wouldn't rule out finding a used one, In T.O. I've seen the 24/8 go from between $2500-$4000 Canadian with meterbridge. Am not sure if this is even feasible for u being all the way out in Nova Scotia, but it would be worth a look.

Considering that there's not alot of monies floating around here for recording studios, I may have to settle for a used Ghost or maybe even a Digi oo2 or something in that price range. I think I was told a few months back that the Digi oo2 was going for around $4000 something. that would give me 8 tracks again, and put me in the PT category.

Not sure which way to go right now. Maybe after I get married in July I'll have it figured out. $4000 - $8000 is alot to spend on a mixer for a home studio but I'd like to be able to do some commercail quality stuff eventually or some music for some documentaries.

But I think I'm gonna do some searches on the net for some "Used" Ghosts in my area. See what I come up with.

Heres what I think would be a neat little hybrid system for a small home studio

Presonus Firepod -> DAW -> Presonus Firepod 10 outs -> Soundcraft M12 -> M-Audio 2496 -> Sound Forge -> CD

System Cost -

Presonus Firepod $600.00
Soundcraft M12 $750.00
M-Audio 2496 $100.00
DAW $400.00 (estimate for Sonar or Cubase)
Sound Forge $250.00

Total cost $2100.00 USD

. You can always add some nice outboard pres and monitors of your choice

That gives you that big studio digi-anolog setup but scaled down for a project studio. The Pres on the Soundcraft M12 where design buy the same guy who designed the ones on the Ghost and they sound really good.

Last edited:
MX3282 said:
I think I was told a few months back that the Digi oo2 was going for around $4000 something. that would give me 8 tracks again, and put me in the PT category.

Your price for a Digi002 is alot steep!! The Digi002 new is only 1195.00US and used ones can be had for around 900.00US. Pro Tools Le is limited to 32 tracks and allows for 18 inputs ( 8 analog, Adat=8, and 2 spdif).

Good Luck
Eddie

Digi 002 Price

Ok,

I may have made a mistake on the Digi oo2 price.

I just called the Halifax Music Stop and got a price of $2899.00 CDN.
The U.S. Price was $1195 which converts to $1481.00 CDN.

The difference is $1419.00 CDN that I could save if I went to Maine and bought one. He also mentioned that if I bought the M-audio Octane I could have an additional 8 channels of input giving me 16 channels simultanious recording.

He did also mention the Focusrite Octo pre and also the ADA8000 w/lightpipe both of which would do the same thing.

Sounds very interesting.

Except that more of the "big boys" are tracking analog, editing and doing some tracks digital, and then mixing analog.

xstatic said:
Except that more of the "big boys" are tracking analog, editing and doing some tracks digital, and then mixing analog.

Most studios that I read about are tacking into a DAW, HD24, Radar or something like that which is Digital. I left out using outboard pres because thats a given. Here again you'd use the Firepod are the A/D interface and if also make use of the M12 pres.

I think you have to agree its a pretty neat and simple setup that could make some desent tracks for a home studio.

What studios are tracking straight to a DAW? 2" tape is still king in the big studios that can afford a nice 2" machine. Admittedly DAW's have worked their way into most every album now, just not in the same way that many people seem to think.

Screw the studio

I just made up my mind today to say screw the studio and went out and bought myself a nice 2004 Grand Prix GT. $16,750.00

My Studio Building will have to wait for a couple more years cause I'm gonna be paying on this puppy for 5 years.

Oh well, at least my wife liked what I spent my money on this time.

MX3282 said:
I just made up my mind today to say screw the studio and went out and bought myself a nice 2004 Grand Prix GT. $16,750.00

My Studio Building will have to wait for a couple more years cause I'm gonna be paying on this puppy for 5 years.

Oh well, at least my wife liked what I spent my money on this time.

Sellout! :eek:

deepwater said:
Most studios that I read about are tacking into a DAW, HD24, Radar or something like that which is Digital. I left out using outboard pres because thats a given. Here again you'd use the Firepod are the A/D interface and if also make use of the M12 pres.

I think you have to agree its a pretty neat and simple setup that could make some desent tracks for a home studio.

All the big studios I have visited recently (Boston/NYC) track their bed tracks to 2" tape and dump to DAW for overdubs. They mix from an analog console (mostly SSL). This is how I do it also (as a homerecorder). It sounds great. 2" rules.

Back