General Advice...vague, I know

Dr Hoss

Greetings, Homerecording.com'ers. I've read some threads on this board and found out that you guys seem to have some real smarts among you, and I wanted to help and get help as much as I can. Let's begin in the beginning...

My recording knowledge is fairly slim, but I've been to studios with my band a couple of times and watched/learned as much as I was able while still focusing on the project at hand. Along with hands-on learning, I've tried to read books here and there and pick up tips as often as they present themselves. We did our last demo of 3 songs with just my computer and some mics I borrowed from a friend. I have a Layla 20-bit (not the newer 24-bit version), a Behringer Composer Pro 2-channel compressor, and a 2-channel Sonic Maximizer. Needless to say, I'm not rolling in the dough, so new equipment is OUT. :( I've been using Cakewalk since about 3.0, so I'm familiar with it. Been using Sonar 2 for the past year or so, and am comfortable with it.

I'm always after new tips and tricks, and I'm always thrilled to get input in any form, so don't pull any punches! ;)

So down to business...here's the 3 song demo I mentioned earlier along with some other songs we did during that recording session. The snare sound sucks, because I think we had some mic placement issues, so try to disregard that...we'll be re-recording some of these in December, again on my home setup. Let me hear what you have to say about the recording, along with any help you can give, and gimme some opinions about the music as well...suggestions are always welcome!

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/HAGELAZ/

Thanks in advance guys!

Doc Hoss

The MP3 Clinic would be the proper place to post this type of request.

Also, it's generally more helpful to post just a single song. Posts like "listen to my album and tell me what you like," don't tend to get a lot of responses.

The BBE guys are marketing geniuses. I swear everyone that comes here and only owns a few pieces of gear has a BBE.

Well, it makes my amp sound not-so-crappy, and it opens up the sound of recording tracks.....and they're cheap! Which of course, means they're in my range! ;)

Back