Funding and/or grants

sacredhill

I am disabled and no longer able to work or do live gigs. I am seeking help in raising the money to build a recording studio in my basement so I can remain contacted to music and jam/record with my friends. Does anyone out there know of any organizations I could contact that could give a helping hand?

sacredhill@msn.com Keith

Start doing web searches.
Type "Music Grant" in your web search engine.
Check with Rosie O'Donnells Foundation and Oprah Winfrey's Foundation to see if you qualify for their grant projects. Check with other celebs too!
Check to see if Music or related Manufacturers like Yamaha, Shure, Roland, ProTools, Dell, Hewlett-Packard Fender, Gibson, Marshall, etc have foundations etc that assist with someone with your type of disability,
Also check Federal Government-Small business loans. With your disability, you may qualify for special enhancements etc.
HSG

depends on your type of disability, however if your health insurance pays for any kind of physical rehabilitation you make look at musical instruments as physical therapy. This works in cases of authritis and other injury related cases. Its been done before. Then you can sell some of the gear and turn it into recording gear and so on. Its just a thought but I thought it might help
Any way, good luck and keep at it.

I tried to look up grants b4, theres alot of b.s, trying to get you to pay for info. the gov website is good but its complicated.

Back