Frequency Analysis plugin for Sonar?

Pykon

Hi!

I'm looking for a god realtime frequency analysis plugin for Sonar 7 Pro. I need it for mastering purposes - Cakewalk's built in Anatyst is a very inaccurate one.

Any clues?

peace,

mike

I mean it's a bit undersensitive - in most cases I can hear the difference by ear miles before Analyst cecognizes them. But the most annoying is the lack of sensitivity under 60 Hz - you can low-cut very hard, have no-bass sound on your bus, with no noticable change on Analyst's screen.

Anyway, thx a lot for the link - at least will I have sth to compare with.

peace,

mike

I mean it's a bit undersensitive - in most cases I can hear the difference by ear miles before Analyst cecognizes them. But the most annoying is the lack of sensitivity under 60 Hz - you can low-cut very hard, have no-bass sound on your bus, with no noticable change on Analyst's screen.

Anyway, thx a lot for the link - at least will I have sth to compare with.

peace,

mike

OK I hear ya,
Here's another one I just noticed while looking for another plugin, it's from "Blue Cat" I havn't tried it yet but it look pretty good:

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_FreqAnalyst/

Well, I'm currently trying iZotope Ozone 4 eq/frequency analysis tool from it's mastering pack and I find it very hard to read when working with low brightness monitor settings. These guys may have used leds or sth when designing this tool's interface, but on LCD it's a nightmare to watch.

But this one looks good - time to check it out.

The Bluecat plug in is great and its free. I have been using the Izotope RX system lately and the spectral analysis is amazing.

I know your using Sonar, so you are obviously on a P.C.

For anyone using a mac, there is an option i have been using lately that really makes me happy. Audio hijack will hijack any audio path in your system, and route it through any plug ins you have. That way you can use it in your DAW, or off any other program running a signal path to the DAE. Its a beautiful system and worth a look if you have a mac.

Back