Freestyle Rapper looking for help.

I waited patiently for 130 posts to see how this was gonna turn out. Epic thread. Satisfying conclusion. Now I want to eat snickers and watch Sparta.

And I agree about the rap forum thing, although - in that context, it would have been a completely different thread...with no responses, probably, lol.

:laughings::laughings::laughings:

Your most likely correct too! :D

To BabyOJ:
Oh, and another thing kid: Stop smoking. Not good for the voice or your health.
The only thing you'll be "spitting" out soon is your teeth if you keep it up.

There will be more on the way.

Spare me.

Really though, did you even read what TyphoidHippo and the others said?
But if you have more we are willing to hear them and give our honest opinions, advice, and feedback. Are the other videos better going to be better than the one we saw?

PLEASE stop with the Copyright thing, you don't need to write it on everything, copyright is granted by the fact you POSTED it if it was original thought, and you have TIME STAMPED EVIDENCE FOR GODS SAKE

So BabyOJ, did you ever get any vocal lessons? If not, are you planning to? I mean if your serious about it, it's going to take a lot of hard work to get the skills you need to compete with the top dogs. That will include vocal training to some degree.

I've followed this silently and if thats the best the kids from okey have to offer I'm shocked +1 on what everyone else said you are no where near Baby oj.

copy my rhyme
its not a crime
take some time
raps a dime
learn to sing
quit talking about bling

Copyright MC kipper 2012

And smoking a spliff on you tubes probably not a good idea. Doh
having said that I hope you work hard instead of getting stoned., Hone your craft , do your apprenticeship earn the right to be the best. good luck for the future.

maybe so but talent isnt hereditary it takes practice too. Keep at it young un and maybe one day

maybe so but talent isnt hereditary it takes practice too. Keep at it young un and maybe one day

+1,000,000

Keep practicing, get a few vocal lessons, and learn to be more humble and stop boasting. One thing is for sure, your definitely not there yet.
It's going to take more time, and your going to have to put more effort into it.
And your voice will start (if it hasn't already) to get coarse, grainy, and not singing worthy if you keep smoking crap all the time.
Get rid of the cockiness, attitude, and doobies.
So far your only around 15% of what you claim to be.
But if your serious you'll need to spend your doobie money on some vocal lessons. You might be able to pull it off after those steps, but if you keep at what your doing now I'll assure you 100% you will get nowhere fast.

YOU are the one who will decide where you want to take this, but it won't come without practice like kip said, and not without a lot of training and effort. There are millions of other people out there looking to get their names in flashing lights and get famous, so you have to work HARD.

If I was an A&R person and I had a good look at your attitude, vocals, and professionalism, there would be no way I would ever take you seriously and sign you for anything. Your going to have to start doing something and stop backpedalling.

Thats all I got right now man, I don't want to see you or anyone for that matter, end up with their hearts broken and dreams dashed. If you read this, it' going to hurt. Otherwise your not reading it right.

Peace.

Last edited:
I'm appreciate the advice. I'm just going to keep rapping all the time and just see where it takes me. You never know, someone might just actually take a look at me and say you got it. You just never know.

You keep going mate we're all trying to point you in the right direction thats all. We want you to improve to follow your dream and become the man and come back and say "I told you so."
You have a way to go yet though so accept it and get some singing lessons and drop the arrogant attitude.
You wouldnt believe how many talented people get passed over even after being signed.
Also you need to get something to say in your raps. Something that will intrest the masses.

I'm not a big rap fan persay but i like scroobius pip right now.
good luck for the future sincerely

You guys and girls have no idea how much the advice means to me. I believe that words are more powerful than money, while I'm sitting chilling I rap to myself all day, so that one day ill make a rap for everyone that's funny.

You guys and girls have no idea how much the advice means to me. I believe that words are more powerful than money, while I'm sitting chilling I rap to myself all day, so that one day ill make a rap for everyone that's funny.

I don't know what you were smokin in that video clip, but even if it wasn't killer skunk, in that video you look and sound and act totally stoned. It doesn't help your quest.......at all. First and best favor you can ever do for yourself, kid......don't E V V V A do drugs. N E V V A! While you're at it, get good grades and finish school first. Money can't buy you brains.

I'm sorry, but that clip makes it very clear why you left "the studios" and came to a bumpkin home recording forum looking for a rap contract. You got a long way to go - and a lot to learn - before you can start making the claims you were making when you came in here with your water pistols blazin!

Sorry about the "spittin" responses you got in here, but you kinda asked for it with that punk attitude you threw in our faces. I think I understand you better than you care to admit, and I'm not impressed at all after watching that lame youtube clip and after all the "acrid spit" you spewed all over us.

I think typhoid has you pegged spot on, kid......

I saw the video. The blunt was cute. Here's the link for those who haven't found it yet: Sick ass freestyle Rapper kills flow! - YouTube

Here comes my thread curveball - Despite totally trolling the shit out of you all thread long - I love freestyle, and I have kept up with the whole scene (which is now becoming pretty big business) for well over a decade now. (@everyone else - flame away, lol - I really do like it. I think it's an impressive skill...when it's impressive, obviously...I'll link some good ones later in the thread).

First off, I'll actually tell you some stuff that can help you... (so ease off miro, jeeeeze)

A few years ago, I would have told you to get into Scribble Jam - if you were serious about freestyle back when Eminem was still doing it - Scribble Jam was the only real place to be heard. Then there was the WRC that actually had that $50,000 prize in addition to getting you seen. Now, it's even better - there's King Of The Dot, GrindTime, Smack/URL. Just to name the bigger outfits. If you're serious about freestyle now- look that shit up and get on it.

Here's some general advice - I don't know what in God's name possessed you to think this was the place to make this thread - but...wow. Just wow. Know your audience, dude. Sure you're allowed to post whatever you want - but this is... Well, this is the newbies subforum on homerecording.com. This is for people who are confused how to record their guitar into a computer. It doesn't make any sense to come do this here, hence the bizarre response you got. It wouldn't make sense on a pregnancy-support forum, or a Christian rock band's fan-forum, either. It WOULD make sense on rapmusic.com. Seriously - go there right now and sign up. Every freestyle rapper who matters in the whole world is there - the ones with red names are famous and/or are actually making good money at it. That's where you should have landed - hell if you type any good, modern, freestyler's name in google, their posts on rapmusic.com fill the results.

That said - somebody lied to you. And badly, and you really need to take your arrogance down about 15 notches. You are not only not-impressive... that video was really...really bad. You studdered and messed up noticeably several times, rhymed the same words with themselves repeatedly. Nothing you said made any kind of sense or was interesting in the least bit... I wouldn't be so blunt about this, if you hadn't been so obnoxiously cocky this whole thread. WTF, dude? Have you no concept the skill-level of freestylers today?

Watch this shit: DNA VS. MIKE FLAMEZ (Freestyle Battle #2) - YouTube

Watch DNA's verse at 3:40 - if you don't know all those names (which you should - they're all badass freestylers), he stands there and uses everybody's name in the crowd in his freestyle, talks about what they're wearing, references the businesses around him - all without missing a single beat or rhyme. THAT GUY is a good freestyler. You are nowhere even remotely near that impressive with that awkwardly pitiful delivery of irrelevant nonsense. Again - I'm not trying to just be mean to you, man... but your attitude, and reality, don't match up. Not even a little bit.

Here's some more reality checks for you:
2007 WRC best battle, easily - WRC07 Quest Mcody/Marvwon vs Illmaculate/The Saurus - b2 - YouTube The white guys went on to win the $50,000. The bigger of the black guy has a real rap and acting career now.
Here, they go after each other: Grind Time Presents: Thesaurus vs Illmaculate Part 1 of 3 - YouTube
My favorite freestyle vid I can think of: KOTD - WD2 - Pat Stay vs Marvwon - YouTube

That's not even 30 percent of my rap skills. Like I said in the rap it does not have to make sense to sell. That's the truth. I've actually had two studios contact me, already. They like my rapping when I spit it good. I'm not joking with you all, I'm dead serious. I do appreciate the advice. It makes me want to work even harder and continue doing what I love.

Back