Freestyle Rapper looking for help.

I saw the video. The blunt was cute. Here's the link for those who haven't found it yet: Sick ass freestyle Rapper kills flow! - YouTube

Here comes my thread curveball - Despite totally trolling the shit out of you all thread long - I love freestyle, and I have kept up with the whole scene (which is now becoming pretty big business) for well over a decade now. (@everyone else - flame away, lol - I really do like it. I think it's an impressive skill...when it's impressive, obviously...I'll link some good ones later in the thread).

First off, I'll actually tell you some stuff that can help you... (so ease off miro, jeeeeze)

A few years ago, I would have told you to get into Scribble Jam - if you were serious about freestyle back when Eminem was still doing it - Scribble Jam was the only real place to be heard. Then there was the WRC that actually had that $50,000 prize in addition to getting you seen. Now, it's even better - there's King Of The Dot, GrindTime, Smack/URL. Just to name the bigger outfits. If you're serious about freestyle now- look that shit up and get on it.

Here's some general advice - I don't know what in God's name possessed you to think this was the place to make this thread - but...wow. Just wow. Know your audience, dude. Sure you're allowed to post whatever you want - but this is... Well, this is the newbies subforum on homerecording.com. This is for people who are confused how to record their guitar into a computer. It doesn't make any sense to come do this here, hence the bizarre response you got. It wouldn't make sense on a pregnancy-support forum, or a Christian rock band's fan-forum, either. It WOULD make sense on rapmusic.com. Seriously - go there right now and sign up. Every freestyle rapper who matters in the whole world is there - the ones with red names are famous and/or are actually making good money at it. That's where you should have landed - hell if you type any good, modern, freestyler's name in google, their posts on rapmusic.com fill the results.

That said - somebody lied to you. And badly, and you really need to take your arrogance down about 15 notches. You are not only not-impressive... that video was really...really bad. You studdered and messed up noticeably several times, rhymed the same words with themselves repeatedly. Nothing you said made any kind of sense or was interesting in the least bit... I wouldn't be so blunt about this, if you hadn't been so obnoxiously cocky this whole thread. WTF, dude? Have you no concept the skill-level of freestylers today?

Watch this shit: DNA VS. MIKE FLAMEZ (Freestyle Battle #2) - YouTube

Watch DNA's verse at 3:40 - if you don't know all those names (which you should - they're all badass freestylers), he stands there and uses everybody's name in the crowd in his freestyle, talks about what they're wearing, references the businesses around him - all without missing a single beat or rhyme. THAT GUY is a good freestyler. You are nowhere even remotely near that impressive with that awkwardly pitiful delivery of irrelevant nonsense. Again - I'm not trying to just be mean to you, man... but your attitude, and reality, don't match up. Not even a little bit.

Here's some more reality checks for you:
2007 WRC best battle, easily - WRC07 Quest Mcody/Marvwon vs Illmaculate/The Saurus - b2 - YouTube The white guys went on to win the $50,000. The bigger of the black guy has a real rap and acting career now.
Here, they go after each other: Grind Time Presents: Thesaurus vs Illmaculate Part 1 of 3 - YouTube
My favorite freestyle vid I can think of: KOTD - WD2 - Pat Stay vs Marvwon - YouTube

I think your previous post summed up everything. Seriously, we could probably just end this thread with your post right there.

I agree....and I do think this thread at least should go to the DJ & Hip Hop forum....if that's OK with eveyone...?
Don't want anyone to go postal on me moving this thread now. ;)

I agree....and I do think this thread at least should go to the DJ & Hip Hop forum....if that's OK with eveyone...?
Don't want anyone to go postal on me moving this thread now. ;)

I'm in favor, thats really where it belongs anyways. Might want to let the OP know, in case he tries to sue anyone. :D

I think your previous post summed up everything. Seriously, we could probably just end this thread with your post right there.

I waited patiently for 130 posts to see how this was gonna turn out. Epic thread. Satisfying conclusion. Now I want to eat snickers and watch Sparta.

And I agree about the rap forum thing, although - in that context, it would have been a completely different thread...with no responses, probably, lol.

:laughings:

How in the hell did I miss this?
:laughings:

yeah kid, your ego and your talent are worlds apart. Rotsa Ruck.

(copywrite DogDude 2012)
:)

Lol. I'd be surprised if this kid has any idea how much court filing fees cost, much less process servers, etc.

Haha, probably not the slightest clue.
Poor kid, I would feel really bad for him if his ego wasn't the size of a watermelon.

Back