Free Mastering. Let's see what i can do.

phatracer, you may find that you need to get to know people around here, and them you, before this is a practical thing to ask.

my name is eric. I have been in the recording and music creating business coming up a year, i have a history of being a dj in high school. I am pretty much just working with local rappers and doing some recording here and there. Other than that. What else would you like to know.

my name is eric. I have been in the recording and music creating business coming up a year, i have a history of being a dj in high school. I am pretty much just working with local rappers and doing some recording here and there. Other than that. What else would you like to know.
Cool. Thanks.

What kind of tracks are you interested in working on?

A good way to start is to let people hear your work. Not to judge you, but to understand what you do. Talking about music is one thing but it's the sound, as you no doubt already know, that cuts through everything else.

i pretty much am open to what i do, i do work with mostly hip hop and rap, but have also recorded acoustic and electric guitars.

I think we need a "Free Mastering" Forum.

Who do I need to talk to to make this happen? :confused:

Last edited:
Anybody remember Eck? He engineered for his Scottish band, and his stuff sounded good. Ecktronic, that's his name. He got interested in mastering and for a while hung out at the GS "Work in Progress" forum, which is kind of like the mp3 Clinic here, and he did "remastered" versions of some of the work posted there. He'd always ask the poster first, to avoid getting his head bitten off. And he got a lot of helpful comments.

phatracer, you might try something similar in the mp3 Clinic here. If it were me, I'd want to hear some work you've done though before anything else happened.

Back