FMR-REAL NICE COMPRESSOR CONNECTIONS

tapeop

Is anyone familiar enough with this unit to help me out with connections?
I'd like to use it as an effect send to my Tascam 424.
The TS v TRS instructions in their manual confuses me.
I've never been too technical, so while this is probably a softball question
that'll cause chuckles in some quarters, I do appreciate the help/support.

TS and TRS are both 1/4” connectors. The former is unbalanced and the latter is balanced, meaning it will reject any outside interference. As long as you use a 1/4l” connector, you’re fine. Even a guitar cable will work.

Does the 424 do the same track as the 246, which takes an insert plug for fx inserts? So a single trs type plug split into two ts plugs

I agree that FMR are a little fuzzy when it comes to the cable requirements. The manual says to NOT use TRS cables, but I hooked mine up with TRS in and out, going to balanced connections on my interface and I didn't have any troubles. Now I've got it hooked up with an insert cable, which is an unbalanced connection, and I don't experience any issues this way either.

I'm not sure if the "no TRS" stipulation in the manual was leftover from an earlier revision of the unit, or if there are some circumstances where it can be harmed or perform poorly when connected with TRS cables. All I can offer is my anecdotal evidence that it didn't affect me in my situation.

Good luck! It's a great little compressor.

Back