Fly

fireflyva

Hey guys - here's a song I wrote about a year ago? and recorded with my friends them contributing their parts from around the country. The song is called Fly and here is a link to the YouTube video. I mixed it at home in an untreated room with all its limitations but would be interested in hearing what you think as far as the mix, tonal balance, the song in general, etc....

YouTube

Thanks for time and lending me your ears.....

Just minor nits on the mix, for example the crash panned far right. I'll be honest, the song did not hold my attention for six minutes.

Sounds like the vocal is too autotuned to me. If this is the singers natural voice, then I apologise.

Nice embellishments with the guitar on the right during the verses. I like the contrast between the extremes of the stereo field...nice mix. The autotune is a little obvious in places (sounds like i'm being serenaded by stephen hawking), but I like your voice, as well as the vocal melodies. I reckon you should shorten the track to around 4 minutes.

Thanks for listening, guys. The auto-tune comment is odd because I don't use auto-tune. However, I do use "pasting" a lot to use the best parts of multiple takes especially with my vocals. Perhaps you are hearing sloppy edits. And yes, the song is a little long. Again, thank you for lending me your ears and time.

There is a lisp, yes? Just checking. The vocal is actually really good. I don't see what anyone's issues are here, this sounds really good to me plus the tune is very catchy. I'm not getting the comments. I feel like I've heard this before, maybe SC?

Well, I can agree that the song maybe a little long. As far as a lisp...I'm not sure.... I think the song is catchy and mixed fairly well, but that was why I was posting it here to see what others thought. Everyone hears something different and focuses on different aspects of the mix, and that's what I was asking feedback on. I appreciate you commenting on the song and taking time to listen, andrushkit, and thanks for the kind comments.

Back