First mix...please be kind!...

Hey man,

Did you record the "hey" as another part or a separate track from your chorus vocals? If so I think that's why it doesn't fit into the mix very well. I listened to the Original (Beatles) and the "hey" flows a lot better into the chorus, the main reason being (I think) that it was recorded together and not separate. Your "hey" seems to be the same over and over, like a single part copied just before each run of the chorus.

Apart from the aforementioned "Hey" issue, I'm hearing the occasional timing thing, especially at the end with the "lead" acoustic, but only minor... and as gecko said, you sound hesitant on the vocal...

I'd retrack the vocal... do what I do... drink a couple (OK three...) of glasses of nice red wine first... you'll be less hesitant then!

Nice work... :D

Haha yeah so the 'Hey' is still the problem with this tune. And laz777, yes I did record the 'hey's' in a different take to the main vocals (you don't miss a trick you guys do ya!)

If I'm being completely honest, I know I can do an overall better vocal take on this tune, so I am going to re-record all of the vox, and include the 'Hey's in the main vocal recording. I know its the same old excuse, but for some reason my vocals were a bit 'growlier' that day than usual, usually they don't break up as much.

Armistice, I also have since noticed a slight timing issue with the guitar solo part at the end, so I'll re-take that part also.

Again, many thanks for the comments guys. What a cracking forum this is!

Guitars sound great.

In the vocals, add a high pass filter at around 150/190Hz if you know how to and it'll take out a lot of the plosive sounds but keep your voice there, I add it to all my mixes, and if you find it's taking from your voice then just lower it until the whole range is there, if you know what I mean?

Still a cracking recording and mix for a first timer!!

Thanks mate, I had a look for that high pass filter that you mentioned as I've seen that mentioned a couple of times on here, but I couldn't really work out how to do it. I could find the filter options but it wasn't obvious how to apply a high pass. But thanks for the suggestion, I will continue to research on high pass filtering.

Hey man,

I think you did a fine job overall brother. I wouldn't loose the "Hey" either if I were you, I'd just re-record it like you plan on doing anyway. The wine idea ain't bad either!

Back