First attemp at bluegrass (help)!

Solafide said:
Good input there. Again I've never listened to bluegrass, so I was just guessing, and the group said they liked it. I'll try without as much reverb and see if they like it better.

Thanks.

I'm not too much of a BG guy myself, but I gotta say one of my favorite CD's ever is Old and in the Way (David Grisman, Jerry Garcia and friends). Fantastic playing on all fronts, great songs and a great sounding recording. At least in my opinion. I might suggest picking it up for reference purposes. Again, I'm not real up on the style so maybe that one wouldn't be good, but if I were recording BG, I'd want it to sound like Old and in the Way.

Edit- for some reason that CD is listed as $28 on Amazon. Check your local best buy - it should be regular CD price.

I think it lacks some brightness. Nothing seems quite brittle enough.

The group is really firm on this one - they do not want it bright. They gave me a Ricky Scaggs cd as a reference, and they don't want it any brighter than his.

The fiddle is just a little too down in the mix as well

Your refering to "I'll fly away" right? I have already made some volume adjustments on that, If I have time I'll post the changes.

Back