Firewire card?

chestwick91

I meant to ask this as well? I am selling my roland 1880 and picking up a motu 8 pre...i don't have a firewire card in my computer, so i was wondering if there is any advice on installing one. and card that you people suggest
thanks

I'm on a Mac, so this might not apply, but I recently installed a SIIG firewire card and it has worked perfectly so far. I just put it in the PCIe slot and it worked. I know the SIIG cards support on both PC and Mac, but I can't give you any more detail about PC setup, sorry.

From anything I have dealt with in this, the key is to make sure that the card has a Texas Instuments chipset. Seems to have the fewest issues with devices. Siig deffinately makes some great cards. I would go with them personally.

If you go to Motu's website, you'll find that they DEMAND that you use a firewire card with a TexasInstruments or Lucent firewire chipset.

When I purchased my 828mkII, I made sure that the laptop I was buying at the same time had TI chips and I've had ZERO problems.

Check with newegg.com --- they have great prices on stuff and I've never had any problem with anything I've bought there.

Thanks...i'll just get the one on the link for my pc....its only 20 bucks and it's got the ti chipset...thanks for the help guys

So can anybody tell me another place to get a firewire card for my pc with the TI chipset in it.....i tried the one a cooldrives and they are out and have shitty customer service....
I dont know where to look or which one to get
thanks

P.S i will be using it with the motu 8 pre

It's only a better deal if it works as flawlessly as the SIIG.

chestwick91, you've already spent 20 bucks plus shipping on a TI chipset firewire card that doesn't work, now potentially another 20+ on this one. So basically you'll have spent the same as me, if not more.

I've found that bottom fishing firewire cards doesn't yield the best results. That's why I spent a bit more on the SIIG this time around.

You should get back all your costs including shipping on that first card that's not working right, but if their customer service is that bad you might not.

I never said the card didn't work...the people on that site are assholes, and never sent it...then a week later they said they were out

Back