Firestudio Tube

If the Firestudio is poop, I guess they were going for that "warm poop" feel with the tube unit. :D

sorry, couldn't resist.

aaron- you guys tested the new m-audio 26 that is diceII based yet? I can't get Scott to let me even have one in here for testing with knowing the probable outcome.

I haven't, I've been trying to follow on the net to look for the same issues. It really seems to shake out that the drivers all sure feel like theyre written by the same person, so they all seem to "improve" at about the same time. Who knows if these things will ever work. Its a shame as the price to feature ratio is awesome.

I haven't, I've been trying to follow on the net to look for the same issues. It really seems to shake out that the drivers all sure feel like theyre written by the same person, so they all seem to "improve" at about the same time. Who knows if these things will ever work. Its a shame as the price to feature ratio is awesome.

They almost certainly are written by the same person, at least for those. The manufacturers generally just rebadge the stock drivers from the chipset manufacturer and tweak the matching settings to match against their particular vendor IDs.... :rolleyes:

That's not the case for all devices, mind you, but it generally is the case for a number of Windows BeBoB drivers and most (or probably all) DICE II drivers on both platforms.

I've got a Firestudio that's been working really well for me with Vista/XP dual boot. The Firestudio Tube looks great because of the extra inputs, I really don't care about the t00bz.

Back