Firestudio Project solid red light problem

somegeezer

4 Gazillion Rhodium User
I've just got my Firestudio Project and already having a problem. Blah!

I have sent a request for help to Presonus directly, but wondering if you guys have had the same problem and could perhaps help me faster.

I had installed Universal Control and Studio One that came with it and like it says in the manual, I restarted after installing the Universal Control. Once it restarted, I plugged my interface into my computer and turned it on, waited for the drivers to download and all was good. The interface synced and I was able to use it with Studio One.

HOWEVER. I turned off the interface once I'd done using it and got on with the rest of my day. When I came back to use it again and turned it back on, all I got was a solid red light. Blue means synced, flashing red and blue means not synced. Nowhere in the manual does it tell me what a solid red light means.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit if that helps any. I've installed the latest drivers and that didn't work either. Anything else you think I should try, please help. Thank you all. =]

It sounds like that might be normal. I can't remember which interface it was, but one of mine didn't like being turned off unexpectedly.
I had to restart to get it to work again, same as you.

Make 100% sure that the device isn't in use when you turn it off. You may have to choose your onboard sound as the system audio device.
That might help - might not.

What about a firmware update. Does your firmware match your driver?
It won't let me update. The interface doesn't connect because of this red light.

It sounds like that might be normal. I can't remember which interface it was, but one of mine didn't like being turned off unexpectedly.
I had to restart to get it to work again, same as you.

Make 100% sure that the device isn't in use when you turn it off. You may have to choose your onboard sound as the system audio device.
That might help - might not.

I didn't restart to get it working, I restarted as that is what Universal Control and the manual told me I should do. Then once your computer is loaded, you plug in the interface and it should work. Which it did.

I didn't switch it off whilst working on anything. I'd finished using it. I can't choose my sound as onboard sound, that would not be the point of having an audio interface. =P

I didn't restart to get it working, I restarted as that is what Universal Control and the manual told me I should do. Then once your computer is loaded, you plug in the interface and it should work. Which it did.

You didn't restart to get it working. You restarted, and then it worked.
Forgive me!

IDK.

Guys, seriously. I've already mentioned I've done the basic things that a monkey could manage. Have you guys ever actually had this problem and what did you have to do to fix it?

OK all jokes aside, just to understand the problem,

Have you tried rebooting the computer with the firewire cable plugged in and the Presonus already turned on? This works for me how ever I am using a presonus firebox, it is firewire. When ever I have lost the firewire connection to the firebox I just do this.

It seems as if you are following the instructions for a new install, however the Presonus is already installed so you don't need to do this.

Check in the network connection settings in the computer to make sure that the firewire port is still active and has not disabled for some reason.

alan.

Have you tried rebooting the computer with the firewire cable plugged in and the Presonus already turned on? This works for me how ever I am using a presonus firebox, it is firewire. When ever I have lost the firewire connection to the firebox I just do this.

It seems as if you are following the instructions for a new install, however the Presonus is already installed so you don't need to do this.

Check in the network connection settings in the computer to make sure that the firewire port is still active and has not disabled for some reason.

alan.

Thanks. =]

I have tried rebooting and leaving the interface on and plugged in, then tried turning it all off and unplugging and plugging it in and turning it on after reboot, but both seemed to stay with the solid red light.

How do I check the firewire port is active or not? Forgive my noobishness towards firewire, it's my first time really having to use it. Which is probably what got me into this problem in the first place. With USB, turning things off and unplugging them has never given me any problems.

alan.

Thanks. =]

I have tried rebooting and leaving the interface on and plugged in, then tried turning it all off and unplugging and plugging it in and turning it on after reboot, but both seemed to stay with the solid red light.

How do I check the firewire port is active or not? Forgive my noobishness towards firewire, it's my first time really having to use it. Which is probably what got me into this problem in the first place. With USB, turning things off and unplugging them has never given me any problems.

I've been into my Device Manager and looked at the IEEE 1394, with and without the interface turned on and all it tells me there is that the 1394 is Texas Instruments. It's the only place I can think to look. Right clicking and going to properties tells me the 1394 bus is working properly, but still have the solid red light.

I've been into my Device Manager and looked at the IEEE 1394, with and without the interface turned on and all it tells me there is that the 1394 is Texas Instruments. It's the only place I can think to look. Right clicking and going to properties tells me the 1394 bus is working properly, but still have the solid red light.

Just check, go to control panel > Network connections > 1394 > check status, with the device plugged in is there any activity? check it's not disabled,

click support, under support with the presonus plugged in and turned on click "repair" does this fix the problem?

Alan.

Just check, go to control panel > Network connections > 1394 > check status, with the device plugged in is there any activity? check it's not disabled,

click support, under support with the presonus plugged in and turned on click "repair" does this fix the problem?

Alan.

I have gone to control panel > network and internet > Network connections [it was the only network connections I could find]. The only things listed are Local Area Connection [nothing connected], Wireless Network Connection [working], and Wireless Network Connection 2 ["unplugged"], but I can't see anything for 1394.

Typing 1394 into the search bar whilst in control panel only brings me to device manager and driver manager, which seem to open the same window anyway.

Back