Firebox problem

Wazzacorbett

Hello everyone :) , I been recording music on my pc for the last 18mths and its been great to find a board like this one with so many great tips and advice, anyway i've been using a audigy for recording but recently decided to upgrade so i've bought a presonus firebox today and everything seems to have installed properly on my pc, but when i try and record i am only getting one channel of sound :confused: , i have tried changing the mixer settings and using different inputs (cause i know the mic input only does one channel) but all are having the same result, i have also altered the inputs on my recording programs but to no avail, it will only let me record in mono or on one channel. I have an p4 3.2 512meg ram and running windows xp sp2 , i use Sonar 4 pro and Cool edit. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out :) .

I use the firebox as well and love it. My problems is listed here if you could help me :D
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=168263

:D

Ok, I go direct into input #2. Are you using 1 and 2 at the same time? I record in mono anyway
Are there input recording levels in CEP 2.0? I didnt think there were. Anyway in CEP2.0, I click next to the "R" and select right channel and the firebox and start recording. Then Ill record another track then pan them for stereo. I know on CEP you can record two waves at once within one track on CEP. Is that what you are referring to? I think I confused myself. D'OH!

Ballgame said:
I use the firebox as well and love it. My problems is listed here if you could help me :D
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=168263

:D

Ok, I go direct into input #2. Are you using 1 and 2 at the same time? I record in mono anyway
Are there input recording levels in CEP 2.0? I didnt think there were. Anyway in CEP2.0, I click next to the "R" and select right channel and the firebox and start recording. Then Ill record another track then pan them for stereo. I know on CEP you can record two waves at once within one track on CEP. Is that what you are referring to? I think I confused myself. D'OH!

Hi

Thanks for the reply, i think it was just me having the audigy which always recorded in stereo through its line in which confused me :o , reading a bit more about the best way to record with the firepod etc, I see now that recording in mono is fine and then mix etc into stereo, anyway i did a quick demo tune with the firepod last night and its sounds great, the audio quality is like night and day from what i was getting before :cool: .

I also thought the input was a bit quiet to start with, so i turned the gain up to about +20 and also used the boost button on the control panel and i was getting a very strong signal for my condenser mic, i also had the main level knob turned up aswell to a similar position, hope that helps? :)

when you say you turned the gain up are you talking about the gain on the box itself? I use a Shure 57 mic so it doesnt need phantom power. But I can't get a strong enough signal when thigns are mic'd.
Where is the gaim knob you are referring to located. This could be the key to my problem :D

The gain on the Firebox is the blue knob directly to the right of the 48V boost button. (That's for channel 1) For input signal strength problems you need to give the Firebox the 12db boost in the Hardware Settings...that's the panel that default loads on boot up of your PC.

Monkey Allen said:
The gain on the Firebox is the blue knob directly to the right of the 48V boost button. (That's for channel 1) For input signal strength problems you need to give the Firebox the 12db boost in the Hardware Settings...that's the panel that default loads on boot up of your PC.

oh ok, yeah I have tried that. Damn.
Monkey you are pretty smart! You must have spent a lot of time on this stuff

Last edited:
Back