Finding Tascam MX2424 Usage Hours

BOBH

Hi-

I could be mistaken but I vaguely recall there was a menu entry on the MX-2424 that
would indicate the actual hours of usage on the machine?

I'm getting ready to finally sell mine and would like to able to tell someone
how many hours are on it. I hunted around a box of past notes and computer
file folders to no avail.

But again, maybe I'm imagining this feature or getting it confused with another piece of gear,
but I don't think so...

Hoping a seasoned pro might know? '-)

Many thanks, Bob

PS
I don't think it has too many hours on it because it was my 3rd MX2424
and I bought it used from a church group who had purchased it new but
their tech guy just couldn't get his head wrapped-around the complexities of it.

Once received, I did some voice/commercial recording work on it for a little while and then switched to DAW.
It has a DVD RAM player installed and the TDIF card(s). (If anyone's interested before
I list it somewhere. It has been in a rack since purchase in my smoke free studio and I have
the manuals and manual updates.)

I don't believe there is any way to access that information. Nor is there any need to. The only "wear" item would be the SCSI drive and its life should be far longer than any digital or analog recording head.

You might be right Rick but the more I think about it I'm almost certain there was
a selection to enter that showed machine hours or some such. But, the old gray matter
just ain't what it used to be, ain't what it used to be, ain't................. '-)

You might be right Rick but the more I think about it I'm almost certain there was
a selection to enter that showed machine hours or some such. But, the old gray matter
just ain't what it used to be, ain't what it used to be, ain't................. '-)
I know the TASCAM DTRS MDM's had that but I don't recall it on my MX-2424.

Well, who knows. Thanks for checking in on it. Should I find that it can elsewhere,
I'll repost it here.

wkrbee would know as that is his specialty as well as being the Manager of Teac Service in Montebello before they blew that up.

Well, I took a look and I guess there's no way to PM "wkrbee" about whether or not this feature exists on the MX2424, so...
hopefully.....he'll pop in again sometime soon and see this thread. '-)

Maybe you need to go direct to the Tascam Forum to find him there. I sent him an E mail but I don't know if he has the time to answer. We will see.

Thank you kindly Skywave! I wasn't aware of a "Tascam Forum" per se.
I'll do a search. Much obliged!

Skywave- Yep, found the forum and lo and behold I was a member and was able to log in.
Haven't been there in years... A duh. '-) Thanks for the help!

It just could be....but the million dollar question is....how do I access it? I did not see it listed in the choice of numerical menu options. :(

Back